Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stolen Bike

+2
trigwill
BenD
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stolen Bike Empty Stolen Bike Thu 10 Jan 2013, 09:36

BenD

BenD

Hi guys,

My bike was stolen from outside the Mountbatten centre this evening. Got there at 8pm, locked up mine and the girlfriends bikes, came out at 9pm and mine was gone, hers still there. Bolt cutters through the lock.

It was a Black/Silver/White 2012 Specialized Allez 62cm frame
Spec:
2300 groupset
Shimano RS10 wheels
Bright Blue Schwalbe Blizzard Sport tyres
Bright Blue Cinelli bar tape
Clarks Mixed compound brake pads (Red/Grey/Black)
A black and blue 'Dream, Build, Ride' sticker on the top of the down tube, just behind the headtube.

Stolen Bike P1030506_zps0cab3269

If anyone sees it on eBay, hears anything or sees it being ridden about even, please let me or the police know. My number is 07513008563, email is benmoorey@hotmail.com

Cheers everyone and keep an eye out round there, someone obviously knows what they are after...

I may not be on any club rides for a while (for obvious reasons) but I am going to build up a MTB frame I have into the fastest faux road bike possible so I can still join in with the slow group on Sundays.
See you all soon hopefully

Ben

2Stolen Bike Empty Re: Stolen Bike Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:27

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy From experience, the bikes don't always travel too far away. Very Happy My specialized was recovered from Cash converters in Eastleigh, stolen by some local muppets (he got 6 months). Email all the cash converters, eyes on ebay, freeads, adtrader, and gumtree. Don't give up. Good Luck alien

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

3Stolen Bike Empty Re: Stolen Bike Thu 10 Jan 2013, 23:16

LukeP

Thats awful, will keep an eye out.

If only people would start working for what they want not stealing what others have worked hard for.

4Stolen Bike Empty Re: Stolen Bike Fri 11 Jan 2013, 05:33

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

bad news, check all the local bike shops, my wifes daily ride got nicked 2 weeks back in london road at a lunchtime in broad day light, she found it 2 hours later in a local secondhand bike shop 1/2 mile away, police were informed and they followed it up. luckily she got her bike back. good luck with your bike.

5Stolen Bike Empty Re: Stolen Bike Fri 11 Jan 2013, 19:27

Stevie Went

Stevie Went

Mate, I put it out on Aqua system yesterday, they will repost it again today pal, as yet the jungle telegraph is quiet on that front!

Regs
Stevie pale

6Stolen Bike Empty Re: Stolen Bike Sat 12 Jan 2013, 04:57

Swaff

Swaff

Ben, Went into Portsmouth Cycle Exchange today, Elm Grove traffic lights,as I know the mechanic and they buy secondhand bikes. Have given them the details, they will ring police if they try there.
Worth you contacting Haslemere Cycles in Albert Rd, they have a lot of secondhand bikes as well.

7Stolen Bike Empty Re: Stolen Bike Sat 12 Jan 2013, 05:42

BenD

BenD

Thanks for all messages and thanks for putting the word out, really appreciate it. I know there is only a small chance I will see it again but can't hurt trying.

Have been scouring eBay/Gumtree/cash convertors/second hand bike shops but still no luck, I did get a phone call from the police asking if I would like a 'reassurance visit'!

Thanks again everybody and fingers crossed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum