Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

2-up Time Trial Royal Navy Royal Marines Cycling Association

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy OK last year I was all geared up for this and PNECC had potential to enter 2 teams. Unfortunately someone's untimely collision with a mini roundabout in Denmead sort of lost the impetus Suspect

This year with even more gusto bounce I'd like PNECC to be represented in the competition (listed below). I'll quite merrily sort out the entry and act as manager - a riding partner please. I think we would have potential for at least x2 teams (paid for it last year - but no teams entered in the end).

Suspect I'll keep nagging, it isn't far, it's off road (air-field) traffic free and an excellent venue! So come on show some interest, lets REALLY push PNECC forward as a prominent club in Hampshire and support me in this.

Details below, post your interest on this thread.

ROYAL NAVY & ROYAL MARINES CYCLING ASSOCIATION
INTER-UNIT NAVY CUP 2 UP TEAM TIME TRIAL 2011

1. The above event will take place at Merryfield Air Station, ILTON, Somerset (approximately 20 minutes from RNAS Yeovilton) on Fri 11 Mar 11 commencing at 1230. The event organisers will be LPT Berry, overseen by PO(CISSM) Cox (all HMS RALEIGH).

2. Entries. Teams are to comprise of two riders. Categories are as follows:

a. Inter-Unit Champs (Navy Cup) – RNRMCA member riders from same Unit/Ship (inc MoD/Flagship personnel)

b. Composite – RNRMCA member riders from separate Units/Ships

c. Guest – Where one or more rider does not belong to the RNRMCA

Team Managers are requested to complete the entry form at Annex A and return it to the event organiser by Mon 7 Mar 11. Cost of entry is £10.00 per a team and cheques are to be made payable to the “RNRMCA”.

3. Competition Format. The race will be conducted as per a normal Team Time Trial competition event, with all teams (paired riders) being started at set times to ensure that they only race against the clock. Both riders are to finish, with the time being recorded as the second rider crosses the line on completion of 7 laps (21 miles). The race is conducted on the airfield and does not include public roads, so it is completely traffic free.

4. Race Rules. The race will be run iaw CTT Rules, (but not governed by them). All cyclists must wear approved hard shell helmets. Tri-Bars and all types of Aero Wheels are permitted. Drafting is permitted between team members only, but not with other teams (if having been passed or about to pass another team). The team being passed must ensure that they do not take draft or pace from another team.

5. Directions. From the West on the A303, at the Ilminster roundabout (first Roundabout after Honiton) take second left on A358 towards Taunton continue along for short distance and then take the right turn to Ilton. Follow signs to Ilton, watching out for a sharp left to village. Continue through village until barrier and entrance to Merryfield can be seen. From the East Turn Right (4th Exit) to Taunton A358 at the Ilminster Roundabout at the end of Ilminster bypass, then pick up signs as above.

6. Headquarters. The HQ will be situated in the Tower Rest Room and will be open for registration, race briefing, changing facilities and toilets. There is limited changing and no showering facilities available on site.

7. Registration. Signing on and race number collection will take place at Registration.

8. Programme. Programme of Events:

1200-1245 Registration HQ
1250 Officials Brief HQ
1300 Race brief (All riders) HQ
1330 1st Team Starts Race Track
1530 Prize Giving HQ

9. Officials. Officials are yet to be finalised. If you do not intend racing but would like to assist then please contact the Race Organiser.

10. Prizes. Prizes will be presented on completion of the final race. The prize list may alter depending on the number of teams that enter:

a. Navy Inter-Unit Cup 1st, 2nd

b. Composite 1st, 2nd

c. Guest 1st, 2nd

11. Refreshments. Light refreshments and food will be available on completion of the race.

12. Changing Facilities. Limited changing facilities are available.

13. Travel. Travel by arrangement with local budget holder. This is not a recreational travel event.

14. Aim. This is the fourth annual Inter-Unit Cycling competition. To ensure it fully succeeds, all Units and Ships are requested to support it. The competition is aimed at all levels and last years event attracted over 50 teams. For further information on Navy Cycling, check out the website www.navycycling.org.uk or contact me on the above extension.

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy GOOD NEWS!!!!

The event above was cancelled - so what's good about that?
Suspect Well it's been replanned for the FRIDAY 9th September. This gives plenty of time to 'plan' it into your diaries? Plenty of time for some training? Plenty of time to get some TT experience in? Even opportunity to work in a couple of pairs. There IS potential here for PNECC to race in a 2-Up TT on an airfield, traffic free and take part in a well organised Royal Navy Royal Marine Cycling Association event cheers

bounce Last year was a disappointment due to my crash, this date now is at the end of a year where we 'should' be gearing up for some long sportives, so, in theory, a short TT would be a 'sharpening' aspect of training.

Basketball Look at your plans and lets see if we can put a few teams in for this one - you're not expected to be at a high standard, just turn up with some healthy enthusiasm sunny It needs 25 teams before it can take place, I'll also be pushing elsewhere to see if we can show local support to this event? flower

Transport etc. I'm sure we can arrange, I'll definately be taking my estate etc. please leave your interest in a reply to this post...... clown

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum