Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sussex cycling association 30 m tt g30/91

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nick Andrews

I rode the Sussex CA 30 m tt this morning ,This was a variation of an old course and was the first time it was run,they hope it to be a regular for the future.The first 20 miles was on a loop starting at Washington /partridge green/south on the a24 /Washington/stenying/shore ham/stenying.It was a mixed bag of country lanes ,rolling roads and a section on a dual carriage .its not a course to expect a PB on ,but still a good course which I would ride again ,we'll organized /signed/ marshaled,only a 45 minute drive away,came 8 th with a time of 1:11:04.

James A

James A

Good going Nick!!
As an add on to this, I rode the Brighton Mitre Open 10 this morning on the G10/97 course which was also part of the course that Nick rode. It was the Stenying-Shoreham-Stenying section, a quick downhill start followed by a predominantly downhill (just) run to the halfway point. One to save yourself on because as expected the return leg is slightly uphill all the way to the finish.
Proved to be a happy hunting ground for me as I got a PB for a 10 of 23:30 and came in about 13/14th I think. A Happy Monday!! Very Happy

Ray

Ray

Well done to both of you Smile

I rode part of that course on Saturday James, on my way to Shoreham train station after the spin up in a brewery event at the Dark Star Brewery in Partridge Green.

It was an enjoyable event, even though I almost won the wooden spoon, & I'll probably sign up for next years event. I won't bother with the ride out for Hove like I did this year, as there was too much hanging about for my liking. Next year I'll ride straight to Partridge Green via Steyning Bostal, as I didn't fancy chancing it after 5 pints & a wild boar burger Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum