Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Callum Butterworth (youth racer)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Thu 15 Apr 2010, 23:50

robsp

robsp
Admin

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Callum Butterworth who is a regular youth racer for the club, abley supported by his dad Andy.

Callum is improving week by week and is racing against boys who are 2 years older than him.

He is a great advertisement for the club, and hopefully we can attract more youth riders.

2Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Fri 16 Apr 2010, 00:48

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Well done from me callum. cheers
I can say this as i have seen him mixing it on the club rides as well as on the track.

We have a talented base for youth riders and with Robert Panter racing as well we have some potential comming up through the club. bounce bounce

New to racing and riding are Aaron Thompson, Tom Walker, Ollie Purser and both of Simon Hickmans boys. All very capable and keen to race. Dont forget folks that girls ride bikes as well! Shocked

If anyone else knows of any youth riders that would be interested in riding and/or racing please drop me a line. Very Happy

Richard

3Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Fri 16 Apr 2010, 22:55

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

I'll be putting a new clothing order together soon. While I am opposed to outright sponsorship in the shape of free clothing, is there scope for the committee to agree to subsidise under 16s clothing (shorts and tops) in the interests of promoting the club and investing in its future. What do you guys think? A £27 top could be could be sold for £20 for example. I suppose I'm thinking about anything which is VAT free to start with as it is officially classed as childrens clothing.

4Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Sat 17 Apr 2010, 00:31

robsp

robsp
Admin

What about the unemployed too Wink

But i do think its a great idea, we need to think of ways to make racing more affordable.

5Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Sat 17 Apr 2010, 07:18

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Gets my vote! its all for the good of the club.

The youth are our saviours.

R

6Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Sun 25 Apr 2010, 01:58

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Well done Robert. Very Happy Very Happy

A club member putting the PNECC on the map. Position 10!!

Keep it up Team! cheers cheers

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/Bridge/rankings/RankingsRider_.asp?rank_discipline=Road+%26+Track&rank_gender=M&rank_cat=C

7Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Sun 23 May 2010, 00:27

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Dear All,
Just an update on our youth riders (National Rankings!) for you.

Callum Butterworth is currently 83 in group B.
Robert Panter is up to 9 in group C.
Thomas Walker scored points on Wednesday and we are awaiting results to be posted.

These young men are valiantly keeping our clubs name on the National rankings board and PNECC is currently 200th.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/Bridge/rankings/RankingsClubs_.asp?rank_region=

I think it’s about time we helped these guys out and showed them some support.

I agree with paul and think we should subsidise youth clothing to encourage more riders to the road and track. It’s got to be one for the committee and i shall keep you posted on the outcome.

In the mean-time let’s look at getting the seniors on the track and join Rob S in his attempts to get out of the bunch! Shocked Wink

I shall be racing Wednesday affraid with possibly Steve Nic and Neil M. Anyone else fancy a go let us know on this thread.

8Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Empty Re: Callum Butterworth (youth racer) Sun 23 May 2010, 04:19

robsp

robsp
Admin

I probably wont be there this Weds as I'm racing on proper roads Tues night in the New Forest, and the same a week Tues too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum