Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancelled Friday track night 15/7/2011

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Harrys taxi

Harrys taxi

Hi

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I've just driven down to the track from Clanfield to find the middle of the track full of tents and a good half dozen confused looking cyclists wondering what was going on. The answer soon came clear - nothing was going on. The fact that it was raining was the icing on the cake to a wasted trip.

I've looked on the forum and on the website and I can't find anything telling us that the session was cancelled tonight. It may be there but it must be well hidden as I can't find it.

Maybe this should be in the bright ideas section but could I suggest that if the track night or sunday rides or the chain gang or any of the great activities that are laid on by the club are noy happening that a big old banner gets put on the front page of the website and on the forum telling of the cancellation?

My partner used to get a schedule of events but this seems to have been dropped. I understand that that may have been labour intensive for the person who produced it, but it did save wasted journeys and frustration.

I hope that this or similar is taken on board.

Please keep up the good work that the club does - Harry is a better person as a result of the club and loves the rides it puts on.

Please feel free to reply directly to my personal email itsneilinit@hotmail.com or add this to any list there may be for contact of cancelled events that I am unaware of.....

Cheers, Neil

beckcd

beckcd

I don't think PNECC are responsible for the track events. Riders just turn up and ride. I think it's Portsmouth Cycle Track League.

Robski

If anyone knows the link to this info I'd be more than happy to place it on the website, along with anything else that would be useful to another member or fellow cyclist browsing our site.

Rather than posting loads of info and links on the forum, mail it to me direct and I'll incorporate it somewhere on www.pnecc.co.uk This will save the chance of it being removed in a cleanup session.

Thinking caps on please

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

fellas, if you check my twitter 'trigwill' or even 'pnecc' twitter account, they follow portsmouthcycling and Guy tweeted the cancellation - albeit at last minute, hope that helps? Follow me or pnecc.

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum