Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

friday track 25th Feb

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1friday track 25th Feb Empty friday track 25th Feb Sat 26 Feb 2011, 22:48

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy 3 on the track tonight Rich, Tom & me, 2 bellies on the fence. Good session as always, with the opportunity of even more input from PNECC at level 2 coaching - nice chat with Guy bounce

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

2friday track 25th Feb Empty Re: friday track 25th Feb Sun 27 Feb 2011, 04:14

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Hi Dave,
The track session was just what the doctor ordered last night Very Happy . The tempo effort you experience on the track is only ever matched by a good chain gang and as the weather conditions often prevent a chain gang then the track is the next best thing.

If anyone is hoping to race at the track this season then as a prelude i can't emphasise enough cutting your teeth on a Friday. bounce bounce

Practice in riding at speed and in close proximity to other riders is quintessential to developing safe skills. As club riders we are all expected to ride under these conditions albeit often at a slower pace but close none the less. Safety is maintained in a group by close riding and being reliant on your fellow riders to warn of danger. This is what separates us from undisciplined riders, preventing other road user intimidation and does not enrage folk with inconsiderate practices.

I do hope you get more takers for the Friday track Dave and i am sure that once the merits of the session become apparent then numbers will increase. Either that or the weather becomes warmer and people come out of hibernation. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum