Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNE Roadman's League

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PNE Roadman's League Empty PNE Roadman's League Wed 19 Jan 2011, 23:59

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Not quite what it sounds, the idea is to record everyone who rides our evening time trials on a road bike i.e. a bike NOT fitted with tri-bars. Disc wheels or similar ARE allowed but you have to ride the bike in the normal way (on the drops). I suppose this could be extended to include mountain bikes too.

This is to encourage riders who don't own a TT-specific bike to take part without feeling disadvantaged. I will be awarding points and the road rider with the most points at the end of the year will get a little prize. I'm tempted to include riders from other clubs too and they might get their own prize.

Who's up for it then? The full PNE events list is on the website under 'Racing' and 'Time Trials'.

2PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Thu 20 Jan 2011, 07:54

mpitman

count me in Paul.....

3PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 00:15

keith

Hi Paul

how r u? I like the sound of that, How will the points system work, I think you should get points for making the effort for turning up and having ago, at lease you get something even if your having a bad day on the bike. Then point scored on performance and place- 1st,2nd,3rd best time.

hope to see you all soon, been back on the bike 3 times this week for the 1st time in a year. I was hopeing to be out sooner but had a chest infection being of January 2011 but I'm coming back hard this year.

Cheers Keith

4PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 00:34

keith

Another thing :?:

How do I find out what the route/course is :?: I know they have part number's like P841,P829,P813,P823. but where are these routes to train on :?:

Let me know mate :D

5PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 01:14

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

The CTT website has a page with course details. Google 'Cycling Time Trials' and you should find what you need.

I'm thinking that everyone gets a point so 8 riders means the fastest gets 8 points plus two bonus ones, second fastest gets 7 points plus a bonus one, third place gets 6 points then all the way down to the slowest getting one point. Of course you have to finish!

6PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 01:16

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Let me know when you are up the club next and I'll bring your rear wheel, mate.

7PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 01:39

keith

Many thanks Paul

I'll be up the pub this Monday coming to collect my membership card.

keith

8PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 01:52

keith

Just been on the CTT web site and none of these are listed

P841
P829
P813
P823

It there any other way the to find out what the course's are? 8)

9PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 02:54

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy Research research........was all my efforts to no avail lol!

If you look within this forum...as if by magic.....someone has posted links to all the TT routes as far as the eye can see....even Andover.......I wonder who did that? bounce

Shocked oh if I wasn't sarcastic enough.....it's in the time trial thread (this one) at the bottom.....TT GPX.......nice to see you back Keith Razz

Also a link on my web-site at www.wix.com/trigwill/coaching-web-pages take a look cyclops

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

10PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 04:59

keith

Cheers Dave :D Many thanks, 8)

11PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 06:42

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Thanks from me too Dave Very Happy

12PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Fri 21 Jan 2011, 08:53

James A

James A

Sounds like a cracking idea Paul, count me in as well!!

13PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Sun 23 Jan 2011, 19:13

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy .....'roadman's league' I think we may have to do the section between 'chairmakers' and Hambledon (Worlds End) in tractors though! Even mtbs would avoid the potholes? Very Happy

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

14PNE Roadman's League Empty Re: PNE Roadman's League Mon 24 Jan 2011, 23:30

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

There's a couple of months to go before we start our club events and we won't be using the Chairmakers course until the summer but we'll certainly need to do a risk assessment in advance anyway. Thanks for the heads up and please be sure to remind me again before we hold an event there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum