Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can anyone recommend a (cheapish) bike fit?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

snowie

snowie

I think I'm going to buy a new bike next week and as I'm getting into racing a bit more, figured it was time I got a bike fit. Can anyone recommend one locally that doesn't cost too much preferably <£100?

Thanks,
Snowie

beckcd

beckcd

Snowie,

Bike fits are very much you get what you pay for. I got mine done at Hargroves in Fareham, it was about £139 if I remember rightly and was pretty good. They put your bike on a turbo and you go from there. I think you might get a free fit if you buy your bike from them but can't say for sure.

For about £50 - £75 more (approx) you could go to Rock n Road in Bitterne and have a top fit. The owner has just got back from America where he was invited on a 3 week extensive research course in bike fit. You'll get about 4 hours on a adjustable bike for your money and it should be as near as you're going to get. He used to be in the Marines so you might get a discount if you mention you're in the navy.

I used to work for Rock n Road and he really knows his stuff. Awful bloke to have as a boss though.

Also these use the Retul system and I hear lots of good things but not sure on price https://www.facebook.com/VankruCycling

Carl

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum