Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Attn Martin

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Attn Martin Empty Attn Martin Mon 17 Jun 2013, 04:46

beckcd

beckcd

Hi Martin,

After our chat today, here's the link http://paolocoppo.drupalgardens.com

He seems to know what he's talking about.

Carl

2Attn Martin Empty Attn Martin Tue 18 Jun 2013, 19:56

martinR

Many thanks Carl, excellent blog & has already improved my knowledge base. In particular the pieces on hub/spoke angles and 'tubs' (seems roadside replacements possible).

Do Planet X source their carbon clinchers from China?

Bike radar posted an article to the effect that robot build better than human, some Dutch company are making machines and it appears if spokes tensioned by nipple head (as opposed to nipple flats) ie along the line of the spoke, then robots win hands down.

Also good to see you got your 'climbing cleats' back.

Martin

3Attn Martin Empty Re: Attn Martin Tue 18 Jun 2013, 20:31

beckcd

beckcd

Yeah Planet X do but I think they only get the Rims so they take a lot more care about the build quality. A lot more care than some of the straight to ebay companies. In the blog he talks about the wheels being made incorrectly etc. Whereas Planet X make sure their ones are spot on. Coach Dave has got some and he really rates them.

I'm really tempted to get some retro looking tubs built for my Waterford. I've got some hope 3 hubs that will go nicely on a set of Ambrosio Rims, but there's the hassle factor of tubs, used to use them when time trialling in the early 90's and they were faster than clinchers and cornered beautifully.

Thanks for the compliment, I'm pleased with my form at the moment especially after to low point that was the Meon Valley Riser, where I turned around and went home. Not my best day in the saddle, but finally getting under 14 stone helps. Still a fair way to go but when I see improvements in ability it inspires me to have only 9 slices of toast and peanut butter instead of the usual 11.

I'm going to sit on the fence (no jokes about weight please anyone) about robots building better wheels as that is far to controversial for me.

You know I owe you a tube don't you.

Carl

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum