Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ray Martin 150 Distance League 10th April - SOLD OUT

+4
James A
RayW
jerryc
mozzy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mozzy

mozzy

A mate pointed it out on twitter last night, and today he rung and they're all sold out. Reserves only.

Who pre-entered?

I'm not, so I doubt I'll get a spot. Gutted as this is the last Wednesday I can really do!

So... should I come along and sign up for a kicking in the E123, in the rain?

Last edited by mozzy on Wed 10 Apr 2013, 19:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updating to sold out)

jerryc

jerryc

I'm saving my legs for tomorrow's time trial...

mozzy

mozzy

does the P289/6 course go up southwick hill? Or just to the southwick roundabout?

jerryc

jerryc

Around the roundabout (just once Migs) and back to finish by the 100 acres turning.

jerryc

jerryc

Oh and you may well find if the weather is bad a number of riders who have entered the series don't show up = spaces in the 3/4s

RayW

Without wishing to tempt fate; tomorrow's weather forecast doesn't look too bad at the moment.

They've been known to get it wrong from time to time of course!

James A

James A

PMA Ray, it will be glorious!! Very Happy

jerryc

jerryc

PMA, please man up? Hehe rule 9 applies

mozzy

mozzy

Well there were lots of no shows, and after 40 minutes in the rain and cold I can understand why.

We had six of us, Paul, Tom G, the two Andys, Charlie and myself.

I didn't see much of the race for spray and grit, I don't think much happened until about 39 minutes when two riders jumped clear. No one really wanted to pull and they soon got a gap. Two more jumped clear (Andy P was that you??). With two laps to go we had four riders off the front, the first two gaining almost half a lap with the second pair being caught on the penultimate lap.

It was a well timed attack, by who I think were two fareham wheelers. They didn't have to go very hard as the bunch pootled along at 20 mpg behind them.

In the sprint for third I think Charlie got a good placing (4th or maybe even third?) He went right over me, I think I finished a few places down but hopefully still in the points (too cold for my sprinting legs). I think Andy Page was up there too, but by this time I really couldn't see anything.

Owen did really well in the U12's, sprinting from far back in the field to take a 2nd place!

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy thanks for the report mozzy, glad to see the die-hards still took part, and there wasn't any crashes (probably as the weather deterred any novices) alien

3/4/J3/J4

4th Charlie Cresswell-Hogg
9th Tom Morris
14th Andrew Waddington
20th Andy Page

Youths U12
2nd Owen Giles
6th Connor England
11th Freya Richardson

Youths U16
17th Karl Mather

Well done all, hopefully the weather will get better - and so will the competition! alien

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

Charlie96

Charlie96

In the overall series standings after two events, PNE have four top ten placings. Owen is 3rd in the U12s and in the 3/4s, Tom M is 2nd, I'm 7th and Steve is 10th.

AndyCarter

AndyCarter

Top work fellas! Things are looking pretty good for you guys in the overall, there should be a little bit of prize money up for grabs there!

Great effort in the rain too, the E/1/2 was a similarly miserable affair, the lap board kindly came out early cutting things down to about 40 minutes after half the field dropped out, only 12 of us actually rode on to the end! Really can't wait for this weather to finally turn...

Paul_G

Paul_G

Hopefully I will finish next Wednesday! Shouldn't have tried so hard early in the reace when I knew I was not 100%. I live and learn!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum