Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips? Empty Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips? Fri 03 May 2013, 07:46

snowie

snowie

Am probably going to do this route next week, I'm out of my territory North of Haslemere so wondered if anyone had any areas to avoid or go through?

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=208257674767144243131.0004dbc1f32e5c9f4c62f&msa=0&ll=51.104384,-0.53009&spn=0.451843,1.352692

2Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips? Empty Re: Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips? Fri 03 May 2013, 08:24

Mike S

Mike S

Plenty of roads that run parallel to the A3. Haslemere to Milford then Godalming. Try avoiding the center of Guildford probably to the South. then I am out of my territory then.

3Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips? Empty Re: Portsmouth to Surrey, any tips? Fri 03 May 2013, 09:38

Ray

Ray

I ride to both Leatherhead & Twickenham fairly regularly & I'll be doing it again in the next week or 2.

I generally go via Fernhurst to Haslemere then either the A286 (if I'm pushed for time) or via Scotland Lane & Tennyson's Lane to Dunsfold, Cranleigh, Ewhurst, Abinger, Shere & Effingham to L'head.

There are a couple of hills (Winterfold Forest - Barhatch Road) near Ewhurst & White Down Lane near Abinger if you like hills Smile

Heading south on the return journey I usually stay west of the A3, Woking, Aldershot, Farnham, Bordon, Whitehill, then cross the A3 at Greatham / Liss Forest & home via Rogate / S Harting

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum