Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

URGENT CALL TO ALL PNE RACING/SPORTIVE RIDERS!

+3
jerryc
prae
Paul Martin
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Portsmouth News would like to publish an article on Saturday about cycling in Portsmouth and the impact of the Olympics and Le Tour on the cycling fraternity. Although I have nominated a rider to speak to the News about coming into the sport, they would like a photoshoot with as many PNE riders as possible. To maximism the impact you MUST wear both latest design jersey AND shorts please. (The photos are likely to be action shots taken on the road in side view.) If you want to be in the photo please beg, steal or borrow kit from anyone!

(If you don't want to take part but are willing to lend kit please post here. Thank you.)

Meet outside the George Pub at Purbrook for 6.30pm tomorrow with nice shiny bikes, helmets and big smiles please!

prae

I can come along if anyone have a spare set of shorts and jersey. size L Very Happy

jerryc

jerryc

Can lend a large jersey but am down on shorts myself...

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

I would be happy to come along but i only have the jersey. If thats acceptable then please let me know.

Mark

Graham C

Graham C

I'll be there, now where's my whitening toothpaste!! Smile

Graham

Ray

Ray

I should be around The George at 18:30 ish but I do not have any club kit yet (the email to Lisa has been sent requesting to buy some)

jerryc

jerryc

Seems we'll get more riders if shorts aren't an issue (please wear some! preferably plain black!) - of course come in club shorts if you have them. I have 1 large jersey I can lend.

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

If this thread had been littered with known club kit owners saying they would be there tonight I could probably afford to be choosy but it hasn't and I can't so please come wearing what you have and we will see what we can do. I have some spare kit (mostly older design) but it is supposed to blend in so I'll bring what I have. If you are PNECC and you have the kit then great but if not - turn up anyway!

What I would say is crash helmets are a must. Sends out the wrong message if we don't wear them.

Lisa: I don't suppose you are following this thread and might turn up with a handful of gilets...? Smile

jerryc

jerryc

Paul Martin wrote:I could probably afford to be choosy but it hasn't and I can't

Next you'll be allowing people with Shimano Shocked

Charlie96

Charlie96

I have a spare jersey and old style shorts, both medium, which I can bring.

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

That's great Charlie. Don't get your carrier bag caught in your front wheel though! affraid

I wondered how long it would be before the S word was mentioned.... scratch

prae

I'll come along then. Jerry, if you don't mind bring the extra jersey.

Graham C

Graham C

I'll bring my gilet.
It's XL and new style so it will fit everyone Laughing

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Thank you Jerry, Charlie, Jose, Graham, Ray and Aaron (who just happened to be passing so quickly put on a spare top too!).

We spent an hour with the photographer, much to the amusement/bewilderment of passing motorists who seemed to be happy to slow down and let us do u-turns in the road on the top of the hill without the expected abuse from wound-down windows. Is this the true legacy of messrs Wiggins and Cavendish - a bit of respect? What a Face

Watch out for Saturday's Portsmouth News, less than a week after Le Tour and the same day as the Olympic road race!

jerryc

jerryc

Doubt it, probably due to having a cameraman there looking very professional with a long lens

Ray

Ray

I received a text from Lisa; she'll be at the club on Monday 30th so I should have my own kit soon.

Thank you Graham for lending me your gillet.

Ray

Ray

Graham C

Graham C

Agreed, a good article.
In the actual paper there is also one of the head on group shots which in my opinion is an excellent photo, plus one of Jerry sporting a very nice pair of Rudy Projects, must ask him where he got them? Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum