Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Wed 04 Apr 2012, 22:17

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Is anyone doing this TT tomorrow?

Cheers

Mark

2FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Thu 05 Apr 2012, 22:21

I'd love to but I will be at work.

3FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 00:17

jerryc

jerryc

I was going to check out the FW road race circuit so might do this instead. 18.30 start.

4FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 00:29

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Jerry, do you want to meet up and go over together? If so what time? Sign on is from 5.45 i think.

Cheers

Mark

5FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 02:07

jerryc

jerryc

Mark, realistically I'll be rushing, aiming for 5.45 at the bottom of Portsdown hill climbing up past the hospital...suggest you get there earlier if you can.

6FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 02:32

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

No worries I'll see you over there then.

Cheers

7FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 06:23

jerryc

jerryc

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's cold outside. Definitely wore the wrong clothing for that one. I think I was sub 16 minutes or there abouts - thanks for the encouraging shout of "you're nearly there" from Paul...if I was that nearly there how about a lift home?! haha

8FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 07:57

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

You did very well Jerry if you went under 16 mins. Well done! I had 16.39. I went back to HQ and had a chat with fellow Ports Tri crew. I thought you were going to head back there so I waited and waited.....not to worry.

Had a nightmare riding back as I thought I had lost my keys on the course (bump on the way into Southwick roundabout). So I turned around after getting half way home and went back to look for them. Then I thought maybe I didn't even take them! Phoned my Mrs and she said they were hanging up at home, doh!!! So it was a steady ride home to Purbrook in the dark Very Happy

Great night and plenty of riders there.

Cheers

Mark

9FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 08:06

jerryc

jerryc

mjc1 wrote:Phoned my Mrs and she said they were hanging up at home, doh!!!

Careful that almost merits a nana award nomination!

Yeah I stopped at the finish and gave my number to a Fareham Wheeler rider, saved myself an extra km and I wanted to get back as I was freezing - set the 4th fastest time on the climb back up Southwick according to Strava - I'm going to have lots of fun with this app, every climb is a sprint now Very Happy

16.39 isn't a bad time either, any idea what the winner did? Results will be up soon enough in any case I'm sure.

10FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 22:34

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Jerry, when I left the fastest time was 15 something or other. I would have thought you would make top 10?

Results will be up soon I'm sure.

Cheers,

Mark

11FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 23:14

jerryc

jerryc

mjc1 wrote:Jerry, when I left the fastest time was 15 something or other. I would have thought you would make top 10?

Mark do not tempt me into thinking on a TT bike I might win events...I can't justify one!

12FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 23:51

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

jerryc wrote:
Mark do not tempt me into thinking on a TT bike I might win events...I can't justify one!
Go on you know you want to really. After all thats what credit cards were made for lol!

13FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Fri 06 Apr 2012, 23:53

jerryc

jerryc

mjc1 wrote:Go on you know you want to really. After all thats what credit cards were made for lol!

Mark how irresponsible...there are minors on this forum! Do not encourage them with such fiscal mal practice

14FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Sat 07 Apr 2012, 02:15

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy who's giving minors credit cards? Oh it's probably 'virgin' eh? alien

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

15FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Sun 08 Apr 2012, 00:55

jerryc

jerryc

Results 15.44 for me, good enough for 4th from 40. Well done Mark, 16.39 for a 17th place finish. Bad luck to Rob DNS with a broken chain Sad

Same course this Thursday for the PNE timetrial! 18.45 Start

16FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Empty Re: FWCC 10k TT - Thursday 5th April Sun 08 Apr 2012, 05:31

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Thanks Jerry. You were on fire, well done, really good time. I think I need to start getting out with you on some training rides Very Happy

I'm happy with my time as I wanted to get under 17mins and it was only my 2nd TT......more training needed me thinks.

Cheers

Mark

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum