Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

UCI rules Update

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UCI rules Update Empty UCI rules Update Tue 27 Mar 2012, 10:00

Charlie96

Charlie96

Just for Paul and anyone who's interested, here's a link to the road.cc article on a review of the UCI rules on rider equipment and position: http://road.cc/content/news/55389-uci-technical-regulations-update-socks-helmets-and-hydration-packs-all-come-under

And here's the actual document:
http://road.cc/sites/default/files/UCI%20check%20of%20the%20equipment%20and%20position%20in%20competition,%20March%202012.pdf

2UCI rules Update Empty Re: UCI rules Update Tue 27 Mar 2012, 22:56

jerryc

jerryc

Interesting read

3UCI rules Update Empty Re: UCI rules Update Thu 29 Mar 2012, 03:07

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Well posted Charlie, keep 'em coming. Deep breath:

Well, IMHO socks should be white and should not go anywhere near half way up your shin. This isn't bloody Wimbledon! I use a compression top to wick the sweat away and keep a stable temperature. Sadly it doesn't hold my gut in. Only a corset would work there.

The lawyers lips thing is a pain in the ass. They were put there because Americans couldn't work out how Tullio Campagnolo's wonderfully simple invention worked and were ringing their legal teams from their hospital beds. I've always filed mine off as I've never had one come loose and I resent having to fiddle and fart about with the front wheel every time I want to take it out. What the technical solution to this will be I will await with interest.

Pity the UCI didn't better spend their time legislating over common dimensions for 9/10/11 speed cassettes!

4UCI rules Update Empty Re: UCI rules Update Thu 29 Mar 2012, 03:30

beckcd

beckcd

Ref to socks, Totally agree socks cover the ankle and stop there. Lance and Nike have a lot to answer for in that dept.

5UCI rules Update Empty Re: UCI rules Update Thu 29 Mar 2012, 05:04

Charlie96

Charlie96

In his book, Mark Cavendish says he wore long socks so his team could pick him out in the bunch more easily. It does look a bit ridiculous, though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum