Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

PNECC in national Rankings

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PNECC in national Rankings  Empty PNECC in national Rankings Tue 07 Dec 2010, 06:09

Roboman

Roboman

Just to say as of 6/12/10 pne is in 165th in national club rankings well done everybody keep it up hopefull next season we can try for 150! Very Happy

Just to say well done to:
Aaron Thompson for 6 points
Tom Walker for 7
and Callam B. for 9 it all adds up to a grand total of 111! Smile National Rankings

2PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Wed 08 Dec 2010, 09:48

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

That’s the spirit Rob, i am sure we can add to that tally for next season.

There is already a dedicated group preparing well for the coming season. I shall keep you posted on our development and together we can put PNECC on the map.

Keep it up buddy, you are an inspiration to us all.

R

3PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Thu 09 Dec 2010, 05:34

Roboman

Roboman

cheers Rich. I could have sworn ive seen you in the adult pack on the wednesday night races as well as a few other club riders they and you deserve your fair share of praise. i might have racked up some points in the season but I couldnt keep up with you!

4PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Sun 12 Dec 2010, 00:17

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Mate you'll go far giving the club skipper a few chuck ups!

You are right though, there were many club members racing last season and considering it was our first season racing together we didn’t do too bad. We had several firsts and i don’t think that there was any race we entered where we didn’t get at least one PNE rider in the top ten.

The secret was the chain gang and the group riding. It gave us the strength to break away if we needed to and also the experience to ride in the bunch without the usual intimidation the newbie might come across.

This success has given rise to the winter training program and why we are slowly but surely putting together a formidable group.
There are no two ways about it, if you want to race and be a contender (after all that’s why we do it)then you have to ride your bike. At this time of the year it is crucial that you ride your bike at least 3 time a week. One of the times needs to be a long ride as well. Ideally people will need to get out 2 - 3 times during the week for a pair of hours each and then 3 - 4 hours on the weekend. The pace of the ride should not exceed level two (which will differ from age group to age group and between the sexes) this will equate to a heart rate of around 150 bpm.

I am putting together a full training diary pretty soon and will be calling for another meeting to explain the plan. All comers are welcome and the program is going to depend very much on the dates for the races we are targeting. The meeting will probably take the form of a quick hook up and exchange of ideas followed by a curry! Nice and simple.

I would welcome your input for the meeting if you would like to attend rob? I shall keep you posted.
What are your plans for next season? I think it would be great to be able to support each other’s races next year. I will be setting up tom with a profile soon so don’t be surprised if he drops you a message or two.
Who are the guys racing next year from the youth squad. (we may as well call it that because that’s what we could have very easily) N.B i will need a youth captain as well if you fancy the post? Let me know what you think and i shall put it through the committee.
The Riders (as i see it) are:
Yourself (Rob)
Callum Butterworth
Aaron Thompson
Thomas Walker

If there are any riders i have missed can you let me know?

I hope you are well and please say hello to your mum and dad for me.

Rich

5PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Winter Rides Sun 12 Dec 2010, 20:59

Roboman

Roboman

Nice idea I wouldnt mind but id have to think about it. Just one problem with going on winter rides...... I have no bike. I have sold the bianchi to Gareth Peters (FW) daughter. at the moment i have the next one on order a Orbea T105

Orbea Website

6PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Tue 14 Dec 2010, 06:21

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

What size bike are you looking for Rob? How long before you get it? Do you need a winter bike or just a frame?

I'd like to be able to get Sam Fitzgibons on to a bike but life is a bit complicated for me just now. If only I could get him off of his scooter - and now he's getting pro Jumps for Christmas!

Paul

7PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Stalking... Wed 15 Dec 2010, 02:31

I'm keeping an eye on things & putting other people onto bikes you know...
How's mine shaping up?

8PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Thu 16 Dec 2010, 08:32

Roboman

Roboman

those things look like death traps. He'll end up killing himself on them!

9PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Thu 16 Dec 2010, 10:28

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Your bike is almost ready Si. However your lefthand gear lever is u/s so I'm looking for another one. After that I've just got to tape the bars and it's done. Indexed gears work a treat!

10PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:45

Thank you Paul, shame about the left lever, must be something with the Gazelle frame as worked on the Peugot, never mind perhaps it was being held together by the fixing & undoing it it came to its end Sad
Cheers anyway Paul...

11PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Fri 17 Dec 2010, 02:45

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Perhaps the whole lever was rotating on the Peugeot's boss? I can't see anthing odd about the Gazelle's one. I'll try and dismantle the lever friction mechanism (as it's no good otherwise). Apart from the bar tape the bike is rideable, just that you'll be restricted to the 40 ring. It looks a bit bare without mudguards - anyone out there got a secondhand pair of traditional 'guards they don't want?

12PNECC in national Rankings  Empty Re: PNECC in national Rankings Tue 21 Dec 2010, 01:24

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Hi Paul/Si
I have a couple of pairs of mudguards that steve P gave me. I wasnt able to fit them to my frame. You are more than welcome to use them.
If your in the area pop round Si.
I am busy this evening and at the moment i am not sure if im going to make the Leopard. Drop me a regular e-mail or txt if you prefer as i will get that instantly.

Rich

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum