Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

2014 PNECC TT events

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12014 PNECC TT events Empty 2014 PNECC TT events Thu 13 Mar 2014, 07:55

Ray

Ray

In addition to the Glenn Syder Points Salver, I propose introducing an age based category system of recognition / prizes.

My suggestion is to have a maximum of four categories in both female & male sections. The age categories may change slightly, depending on how many participants there are in each category. Ideally they'll stay as is & I don't propose changing them for each event.
I think it is probably best to the use the age you will be for our first club event (this Sunday) for the whole season.

• CAT A: 17 yrs of age & younger (CTT rules dictate a minimum age of 12 yrs of age)
• CAT B: 18 yrs to 30 yrs of age
• CAT C: 31 yrs to 50 yrs of age
• CAT D: 51 yrs of age & older

Points will be awarded as for the Salver e.g. 50 points for the highest placed PNECC finisher in each of our club events, 49 points for 2nd best placed PNECC finisher down to 1 point for the 50th best placed PNECC finisher.

A prize / recognition will be awarded for the highest amount of points accumulated over the season in each category.

I do not propose differentiating between bikes, so whether you choose to ride a TT, Road or other road worthy bike, is your call.

Anyway, we'll see how it does but hopefully a little bit of friendly rivalry will add to the enjoyment. See you Sunday for our first event.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum