Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sunday 24th March HRC PTTL 2 20ml P845 07:30 Hilly

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ray

Ray

Hello all,

As a reminder; Event 2 of the 2013 Portsmouth TT League is scheduled to take place next Sunday, 24th March on P845.

Details of the course are available on the Hampshire Road Club's website HRC TT courses

Hopefully I'll get a chance to ride the course tomorrow & I'll post a gpx file, all being well Smile

2Sunday 24th March HRC PTTL 2  20ml P845 07:30 Hilly  Empty Not as planned Wed 20 Mar 2013, 01:41

Ray

Ray

Unfortunately I couldn't do the route as the road from Chilgrove to South Harting was closed so I had to divert through East Marden.

Then I had a slow rear puncture just before Churcher's Corner which was disappointing as I was using tubeless tyres. I put some air in after attempting an external patch but had to stop again in Emsworth to top up again. From Emsworth to home & as I write this the tyre is still inflated without any detectable leak, so I assume the sealant solution has done it's job, albeit slower than I would've liked.

I never did find out why the road was closed so it is probably best to keep an eye on the Hampshire Road Club's website in case there are going to be any alterations to Sunday's route.

James A

James A

Hi all,
Heres a link to my Garmin file for this course last year.
Its a good course for roadbikes this one as there is a lot of climbing in it for a TT.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/161269824

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum