Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello Strangers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello Strangers Empty Hello Strangers Thu 19 Jul 2012, 05:13

MarineMark

MarineMark

Firstly I would like to apologise for not being out with you all over the last..hhmm...christ!!! has it been that long!! Well my work has kept me very occupied and i've had the running bug too, which has helped drop my weight under the 80kg mark for the first time in a long time!!
Anyhow I am still out cycling in PNE colours (although I do need to renew my membership...sorry Rob!!) and aim to get out more as I have set myself the challenge of London to Paris in April 2013!! I also have another part time job to help me save for a new bike too!! Looking at spending at the £1600 mark so a Rose/Ribble/Planet-X are top of my list.
If anyone knows of any other carbon bikes with Ultegra or SRAM Force and a decent wheelset please let me know!
Even though i haven't been out on the club run's I have been taking myself up Hampshire's finest Hills at every opportunity and managing to get in on average about 180km a week.
I hope eveyone is well, twitter and facebook certainly show good support and I hope to get out on a Club run and see you all soon!!

All my Best

Mark

http://www.marcelloentertainment.co.uk

2Hello Strangers Empty Re: Hello Strangers Sun 22 Jul 2012, 04:50

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Hi Mark, good to hear from you! Why limit yourself to Sram or Shimano though? Some of us have been using a very good Italian make for a few years now. Apparently it gets great reviews in the cycling press..... Very Happy

3Hello Strangers Empty Re: Hello Strangers Mon 23 Jul 2012, 07:00

beckcd

beckcd

Take no notice of that nutter Martin, he's obsessed with the C word.

Check out Rutland cycles they've got Dales* and Speckleyes** with big money off at the moment. Wheels will be bullet proof fulcrums I would guess at that sort of price.

Happy hunting.

Carl.

*Cannondale

** Specialized.

I know - hilarious.

4Hello Strangers Empty Re: Hello Strangers Mon 23 Jul 2012, 07:31

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

And Fulcrums are made by....?

5Hello Strangers Empty Re: Hello Strangers Mon 23 Jul 2012, 07:43

beckcd

beckcd

Little Elves when they're not making shoes.

6Hello Strangers Empty Re: Hello Strangers Mon 23 Jul 2012, 08:01

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Exactly. Little Italian ones. With little pointy ears.

Can anyone remember what what we were talking about....? scratch

7Hello Strangers Empty Re: Hello Strangers Thu 03 Jan 2013, 02:13

MarineMark

MarineMark

Thank you everyone for your constructive comments lol, I have stripped my Vitus Alu Frame which has been suberb for the last 2 years and replacing all the running gear with 105 5700 and a pair of Fulcrum 5's. It should be back on the road at April time so I look forward to getting back out on Sunday's with you all.

Looking at a year of refreshing riduing seeing as I haven't done any for soo long and getting a good winter's training in as I am looking at spending 5 days in the Pyrennes in 2014 completing a few Cols!!! and a London to paris for good measure!

Wishing you all a great new year and see you in a few months!

Mark

http://www.marcelloentertainment.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum