Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ray Martin race 2 (11th April)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ray Martin race 2 (11th April) Empty Ray Martin race 2 (11th April) Thu 12 Apr 2012, 10:08

jerryc

jerryc

Hope those of you who braved the weather enjoyed the show, for everyone else you can read about it here in my blog.

How did the e/1/2/3 race go Andy?

2Ray Martin race 2 (11th April) Empty Re: Ray Martin race 2 (11th April) Sat 14 Apr 2012, 09:49

AndyCarter

AndyCarter

Alright mate, nice one on the points finish! Yeah the race was good! Started fast, carried on fast, ended fast! 29.2mph average! A lot of attacks at the start as people tried to get a break going. Then eventually about 8 or 9 riders did get a break going and got half a lap up. Then people started trying to bridge across, myself included. I actually think everyone probably tried at least once to get accross. Small groups kept getting off the front into no-mans land, but beacuse the pace was so high they weren't getting accross to the front group. Eventually the big break got the lap, it took them about 20 minutes though so it was a good effort, they must have been keeping the pace at around about 30 for the whole time. After that it all went a bit mad, and at one point it looked like the whole field had fractured into small groups. It all came back together though inside the last 5 laps and I kept a good position up the front, with about 2 to go I was actually on the front. I did the same thing last week and attacked... (It didn't work out, and I blew up pretty spectacularly!) So yeah I waited until until a guy attacked on the outside, grabbed the wheel and held it around the last lap so I think I finished in a fairly decent position, but we'll have to see...

3Ray Martin race 2 (11th April) Empty Re: Ray Martin race 2 (11th April) Sat 14 Apr 2012, 19:45

jerryc

jerryc

Damn sounds like it was action packed for the spectators. 29 is crazy speed to maintain. Looking forward to fareham wheelers road race tomorrow Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum