Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

An opportunity to gain impressive fitness data and assist with University Research

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy An opportunity to gain impressive fitness data and assist with University Research

Please read the opportunity below and reply using the link included alien

I am an MSc student at the University of Portsmouth studying Sports Performance. Me and a colleague have put together a research project titled 'The influence of different sources of polyphenols on efficiency and performance during endurance cycling'

We are looking to recruit trained cyclists for the study where we are trying to determine if 2 supplements can improve cycling efficiency and performance. I was hoping that you may be able to help me and pass any details on or generate any interest amongst your members? Or put me into contact with a member of your club who would be able to.

The study will be beneficial to the Participants as they will receive a wealth of information regarding their training status. Firstly, we will determine their VO2max for them (a test that normally costs 150 - 200 pound at University laboratories!). During the same test we will determine their maximal power output (in Watts) and %'s of their maximum which can help with training. We should also be able to determine their lactate threshold and gross mechanical efficiency, as you will know 2 more key determinants of endurance performance.

After the initial VO2max test the testing will involve 20 minutes of sub-maximal cycling and then a 20km time trial. Therefore information on speed, cadence, power output and heart rate response during the 20km time trials can all be made available to the participants.

I have attached a participant information sheet which provides a more comprehensive overview of the study. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or any of your members do, I can be contacted via mobile: 07814686149 or by email: tom.clifford@myport.ac.uk.

Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Tom Clifford sunny

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum