Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campag ergo click, gone missing :(

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Campag ergo click, gone missing :( Empty Campag ergo click, gone missing :( Sat 29 Jan 2011, 06:21

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

got a prob with my winter hack, the 10 speed rear ergo lever has lost its click when i shift, that means i dont know when i've pushed the inner lever to the side enough to shift one gear at the rear.
a quick search and i found this http://www.nuttycyclist.co.uk/cycling/ergo-rebuild.htm
seems the 'G springs' are to blame.
Anyone ever stripped and done this job? or can say that is probably is those springs?
thanks in advance,
Mark.

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

I'd need to have a play with it to see what might be wrong. The g springs are replaceable although I've not taken one to bits since the early first shape of lever about 12 years ago. According to Alan Cockram there is a video on YouTube which shows you how to take them apart. The spares should be available from Mercian Cycles.

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

cheers Paul. found that vid and ordered parts, i'll let ya know how many bits go flying when i take it apart Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum