Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campag ergo click, gone missing :(

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Campag ergo click, gone missing :( on Sat 29 Jan 2011, 06:21

got a prob with my winter hack, the 10 speed rear ergo lever has lost its click when i shift, that means i dont know when i've pushed the inner lever to the side enough to shift one gear at the rear.
a quick search and i found this http://www.nuttycyclist.co.uk/cycling/ergo-rebuild.htm
seems the 'G springs' are to blame.
Anyone ever stripped and done this job? or can say that is probably is those springs?
thanks in advance,

View user profile

2 Re: Campag ergo click, gone missing :( on Sun 30 Jan 2011, 08:40

I'd need to have a play with it to see what might be wrong. The g springs are replaceable although I've not taken one to bits since the early first shape of lever about 12 years ago. According to Alan Cockram there is a video on YouTube which shows you how to take them apart. The spares should be available from Mercian Cycles.

Remember when teachers, police officers, nurses, doctors, rank+file civil servants, firefighters and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither.
View user profile

3 Re: Campag ergo click, gone missing :( on Sun 30 Jan 2011, 19:22

cheers Paul. found that vid and ordered parts, i'll let ya know how many bits go flying when i take it apart Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum