Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEWARE - Light Blue Jag- BJ 07 WFL

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BEWARE - Light Blue Jag-  BJ 07 WFL Empty BEWARE - Light Blue Jag- BJ 07 WFL Mon 31 Mar 2014, 04:43

Alan C

Alan C

I had an altercation with the driver of a light blue Jaguar, Reg BJ 07 WFL, this afternoon.
Apparently I should have slowed down to let him pass on Martin Road, Baffins, which is a narrow back street with parked cars on both sides, even though I was riding along at about 17 mph in a 20 zone.
He overtook, forcing his way past, even though the road was blocked 100m ahead by a car unloading shopping, and didn't take kindly to my tapping his wing mirror to demonstrate how close he was to my handlebars. He braked, swerving toward me, jumped out of the car and spouted the usual bigoted motorist rhetoric. I was unbalanced, but managed not to crash, and responded by pointing out some facts about his driving, the highway code, and his dangerous impatience.
He was very concerned about his undamaged mirror, but not the fact he could have knocked me off. Fortunately I have a witness who agrees he was in the wrong.
I was in PNE kit, so hope he doesn't decide to take any retribution against anyone else in club kit, but keep an eye out!

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Long as you are okay. I wonder if this Jag owner is due a visit from Inspector Knacker?  affraid 

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum