Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do any PNE members actually MTB?

+5
jerryc
Alan C
Ray
Mark.McF
BenD
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Do any PNE members actually MTB? Tue 15 Jan 2013, 05:32

BenD

BenD

Being a MTB'er first and a roadie 2nd, I'm curious if any members do actually go mountain biking or if this forum is here to tick a box?

As soon as this bloody rain eases off I will be making regular trips to QE Country Park to ride the red route with some friends and also some long distance XC rides around the South Downs. If anyone rides regularly or would like to try it out then let me know - always looking for someone to come with in case I need someone to call an air ambulance after an off Smile

I have 2 or 3 respectable mountain bikes which are more than capable of handling QE and I'd be happy to lend out if anyone wants to have a go.

Ben

2Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Tue 15 Jan 2013, 07:39

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

Ben,
i regularly go mountain biking, but i've pretty much given up on anyone in this club coming with me so i dont post about it anymore, regularly go to qecp and beyond (theres a good 20 mile loop out around the back of qecp) and also to kingley vale which is good for mtb, new forest, scotland etc........

Mark

3Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Tue 15 Jan 2013, 21:14

BenD

BenD

Hi Mark,

If you are heading out anytime soon and you want a riding buddy let me know, I know the weather is pretty poor at the moment but could give it a shot if we get a nice day. My number is 07513008563.

I know a decent little route from waterlooville to qe so my usual day out is ride/drive to wville, ride up to QE, do the red route then ride home. Also up for the vale, haven't been there for a while but its great fun up there.

4Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Wed 16 Jan 2013, 05:23

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

Ben,
u have pm

5Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Wed 16 Jan 2013, 06:07

Ray

Ray

Sorry Ben, not me. My off road choice is CX rather than XC Smile

6Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Wed 16 Jan 2013, 07:47

Alan C

Alan C

I've got a hardtail on which I've done a bit around Kingley Vale, usually on a long summers Wednesday evening, and followed by the all-you-can-eat curry and a pint in the Barley Mow, Walderton!! Very Happy (Maybe worth organising a Social event?? Wink ) I'd be interested in joining you in QECP, so let me know when you're next out Very Happy

7Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Wed 16 Jan 2013, 22:46

BenD

BenD

Alan: have spoken to Mark about possibly joining him on a ride soon - QE or surrounding area - he also mentioned the Wiggle MTB event in Storrington on March 3rd.

I will start posting in this part of the forum whenever I go out

Love the sound of KV, curry + beer! Will look at organising something if there is enough interest.

8Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Thu 17 Jan 2013, 01:40

jerryc

jerryc

With all my road commitments I don't often get out on the MTB however I do have one and I have just taken receipt of the clubs first mountain bike jersey...looks very nice.

9Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Thu 17 Jan 2013, 02:08

BenD

BenD

jerryc wrote:With all my road commitments I don't often get out on the MTB however I do have one and I have just taken receipt of the clubs first mountain bike jersey...looks very nice.

Hopefully we can a small group on regular outings and Ýou might start selling a few. Got any pics? I'm imagining the same design as the road jersey but baggier?

10Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Thu 17 Jan 2013, 04:50

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

baggier and 3/4 sleaves?

11Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Thu 17 Jan 2013, 07:17

jerryc

jerryc

Yeah I ordered it before I went on a diet so it's a bit baggy. It's long sleeve, thicker material than road jersey and I went for concealed zip which is about 3/4 length zip.

12Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Thu 17 Jan 2013, 08:48

Mike S

Mike S

I have been known to MTB. Just bought a Scott Scale 60. when the weather is too crap for Road bike I do go out on my MTB. Tend to stick the roads and some trails, dont fancy Mud plugging (cant see the point).

Mike.

13Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Thu 17 Jan 2013, 18:46

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Fellas great to see that MTB may pick up. Mark has for ages been the solo rider now Steve Purser has gone down under. Lets get some pictures of your rides and get them on the website to promote club involvement in MTB. . Ben have your friends considered joining the club? Competitions? this isn't just a road club. There are plenty of riders out there with mtbs. It's up to members to drive it forward?

Let me know how your mtb rides go and remember the pics. looks like there will be plenty of opportunity for knobbly tyres Friday onwards? Just get going fellas and I'll plug away on the website - on the mtb page alien

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

14Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Fri 08 Feb 2013, 04:49

Ian N

I joined the club a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed a couple of Sunday road rides. In the spring, summer and early autumn, I do a lot of XC MTB, mostly around the South Downs. In winter, I find the trails get too boggy to be enjoyable, so I just ride my road bike. When they dry out a bit again, I'd be really interested in doing some MTB rides with the club.

15Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Wed 06 Mar 2013, 02:25

Mike Crehan

I MBK - mostly XC. Whilst not wanting to detract from PNECC efforts it seems there are only one or two that are up for a ride mid-winter. A small group of us go out on Tuesday nights. Pedal off at 6.30pm. At this time of year with all the mud and the cold we do about 12 to 15 miles and the have something to eat at a pub.

Tonight meeting at Compton but we also start from Midhurst, Liphook, Rogate, QE Park etc. If you fancy a rideout PM me for the start point. If you have everything but lights we usually have one set we can lend out. we can usually rustle up a bike as well for anyone wanting a first go.

16Do any PNE members actually MTB? Empty Re: Do any PNE members actually MTB? Wed 13 Mar 2013, 22:14

Mike Crehan

Well Ben joined us last night for what unfortunately was one of our most disjointed rides for ages so I hope he enjoyed it and comes back. We are very relaxed about most things and stick together as a group on the trails. We now have 2 spare sets of off road headlights. Subject to confirmation next Tuesday we will be riding away at 6.30 pm from the Fox Goes Free at Chalton near West Dean. Text or pm me to confirm details. Lateness will result in finding an empty car park and / or abuse!!! Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum