Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Equipment

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Equipment Empty Equipment Sat 28 Jul 2012, 18:34

Andy Horton

Andy Horton

Hello all,

I was just wondering if the club has a prefered supplier (at a reduced rate?) for everything from shoes up to oxygen tents for the older/unfitter rider? Embarassed

Andy

2Equipment Empty Re: Equipment Sat 28 Jul 2012, 20:51

Graham C

Graham C

Hi Andy

Welcome to the club and forum.

As for your question re kit etc.
Club kit is available when stocks allow at very reasonable prices and is of excellent quality and made by Endura.
Shoes not included

On the high street we don't have as far as I am aware have preferred supplier discounts as such.
On production of a club membership card you may well achieve some discounts at local bike shops etc.
Most riders I believe source their kit and spares etc online.

3Equipment Empty Equipment Sat 28 Jul 2012, 21:06

Andy Horton

Andy Horton

Thanks Graham, I guess i will troll through some websites.

4Equipment Empty Re: Equipment Sat 28 Jul 2012, 21:37

Graham C

Graham C

From my own perspective, I tend to look across a broad spectrum of websites as the prices do differ somewhat.

Having spent a fair deal over the last couple of years I have a 12% discount with Wiggle but I still try and combine that with their random extra 10/15% deals.

Other sites I use and to compare are:
Evans Cycles
Chain Reaction Cycles
UK Bike Store
Cycling Primera Sport
Prendas Ciclismo
SJS Cycles
Vanilla Bikes
Ribble

I dare say members may post some others they use too.

5Equipment Empty Thanks Sat 28 Jul 2012, 21:52

Andy Horton

Andy Horton

Thanks again Graham. I started writing a shoping list but needed a sit down after the first dozen items lol

6Equipment Empty Re: Equipment Sun 29 Jul 2012, 02:42

beckcd

beckcd

I find Ribble to be the cheapest, especially if you're spending over £35. That said there is a down side their after sales service is pretty poor. I sent an RS-80 front wheels off to them nearly a fortnight ago and still waiting for some progress report on it. Whereas Wiggle or Chain Reaction would have sent a replacement straight way.

Be careful out there.

Carl

7Equipment Empty Re: Equipment Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:00

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Hi mate, long time no see!

I suppose my default supplier is Ribble who are very competitive and quick. I can't comment on their after sales service as I've yet to try sending anything back. Other preferred suppliers are Chain Reaction, St John Street Cycles (SJS) and Parker International. I find Ribble's Campag prices virtually unbeatable. I can recommend the PNE kit from Endura (club subs are very reasonable!) and I've used nothing but Sidi shoes since, um, about 1984.

What frame are you getting and what size mate?

8Equipment Empty Re: Equipment Sun 29 Jul 2012, 06:03

Andy Horton

Andy Horton

Not decided on a frame and/or complete bike as yet. Will have a good look around at whats available new and used before jumping in.

PS I forgot to add.....any recomendations on bikes?

Without the need to send the kids off out with stockings over thier heads to the local post office

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum