Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Le Tour de France 2012

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Le Tour de France 2012 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 03:25

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

I just wanted to say well done to Bradley, Chris, Mark and the other Sky team riders for keeping us on the edge of our seats right up to last few metres! We should also pay tribute to the likes of David Brailsford, Sean Yates, Shane Sutton and the other guys in the Sky support team who made sure we had the best men in the right place at the right time in this Diamond Jubilee and Olympic year. Come on, Your Majesty: Knighthoods all round please! cheers

2Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Re: Le Tour de France 2012 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 07:04

jerryc

jerryc

Paul Martin wrote:keeping us on the edge of our seats right up to last few metres!

Ye of little faith! I had today's top 3 in my fantasy team.

3Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Re: Le Tour de France 2012 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 09:59

Jackit99

Jackit99

Yes amazing wasnt it we finally have a good allrounder for the tour , mark c is just a good sprinter !
worth watching the documentry about wiggins watched it week ago but could be found on i player
anyway not sure this would have been the same though if armstrong and contador were still there

4Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Re: Le Tour de France 2012 Mon 23 Jul 2012, 19:50

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Armstrong never became the race patron. To see why just check his palmares on wikipedia and compare it with the likes of Merckx and Hinault and you'll see what I mean. No, history was made yesterday and we have people like Chris Boardman and Peter Keen to thank for laying the foundations 20 years ago. Very Happy

5Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Re: Le Tour de France 2012 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 01:12

Jackit99

Jackit99

Yes but my hero pantani would have won if he was still here!

6Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Re: Le Tour de France 2012 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 20:49

Swaff

Swaff

I was in Paris from Friday, with Mark Williams, what a weekend. On the barrier 6 hours before the riders arrived to get a spot. Proudly wearing my PNE cap and the T shirt I was given as an official for the '94 Tour stage in Portsmouth.
Made even better because it was 50 years ago, at the age of 15, that I first followed the TDF. The year that Tom Simpson was in yellow for a day, the first Brit to do so. Never thought 50 years later I would be in Paris to see the Brits clean up the last 3 stages and get 1st and 2nd overall.

7Le Tour de France 2012 Empty Re: Le Tour de France 2012 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 23:57

Charlie96

Charlie96

I'm very jealous, Dave. It must've been brilliant!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum