Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Campagnolo khamsin Front wheel bearing adjustment

+2
beckcd
keith
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

keith

Hi People,

Does anyone know if and how to replace or adjust(tighten)Khamsin bearings, They the washer looking type bearing?? or is a case of just replace the old bearing for new.

if so A link for new bearing would be good?

Any advice would be great guys

Keith

beckcd

beckcd

There is a blond haired man called Paul
When it comes to fixing bikes is no fool
He has a green garage in Mansvid
Where he'll fix it for under a quid
as he has a real big campag tool.

Keith
You could always ask Mr Martin, He's the man.

Robski

Ive replaced both front and rear ones of mine with the kind hands of Paul. Make sure you replace them with bearings that have the sides covered. As the ones Campag fit are only single sided, hense the fail pretty quick. Mine have not been a problem since they were change over 2 years ago.

A fiddly job to fit, you only get a single chance to get them right, as to get them out you have to use a hammer and punch.

keith

Cheers Rob, but where can I order these bearings? I have looked on most web site parker,ribble GB geoff etc? but there is no listing?

Where did you get your from mate?

Many thanks

Keith

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Hi Keith, I think I googled the dimensions but try simplybearings.co.uk. I think I've kept the old bearings for reference so I'll let you have the dimensions later today when I'm in the garage.

Swaff

Swaff

I have replaced sealed bearings in a number of wheels. The bearing code is universal and can be found on the seal, usually just 'googling' this will get you through to bering suppliers. I have found BRT bearings on London Road very helpful, if you take in a knackered bearing they will check size with a micrometer and often have various qualities.
As for putting them in, I first put them in the freezer for a couple of hours, then pour a kettle of boiling water on the hub. Before you start find a tube the same size as the OUTER bush, I use either a piece of copper tube or a 'socket' from my car tool kit. this way the bearing will go in straight with hardly any pressure. Swaff

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Nice bit of advice re freezing the bearings Dave. I'm sure I've ordered headset bearings from a place in Gosport but the name escapes me. Signs of old age...

Sorry Keith, didn't get to find the bearing size yesterday but I'm due back in my garage tonight to pick up the bike I'm lending Toby M so will look then.

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

The bearings are 12mm inner diameter x 28mm outer diameter x 8mm deep. You will probably need to browse the internet regarding accessing the bearings (unless it is obviously two cone spanners or an allen key down the central bore).

STOP PRESS:

Rob has remembered that front and rear are different sizes so I've asked him to add a post to this thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum