Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who needs a swipe card for Victory Indoor Bowls Club?

+2
Graham C
jerryc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jerryc

jerryc

Hi all, in case it has escaped anyone's notice I am now the club social secretary - Dave has slipped it onto our website along with several pictures and my phone number...

As such first task is to get everyone access to the Victory Indoor Bowls Club (VIBC) where we meet every Monday night from 7.30pm.

If you do not currently have a swipe card and want to come along I recommend ringing the buzzer between 8pm and 9pm when someone from the committee should be at the club. Obviously there is no commitment to attend but this is your club and if you want to meet like minded individuals and have a chat, and maybe a beverage then this is the place for that. I personally will endeavour to be there shortly after 9pm when I finish my track session.

To facilitate people getting swipe cards I will need to arrange for the VIBC photographer to be present so PLEASE LET ME KNOW BELOW:

1. Do you need/want a swipe card?
2. Are you available to come to the club on Monday's presently?
3. Would you be interested in attending a larger function on a Monday night i.e. an irregular curry/chilli/very reasonably priced meal night
4. If a meal evening can be organised (subject to VIBC) after one of the club's time trials e.g. 26th April would you be interested in attending?

Note 3 & 4 above would likely be an either/or rather than both option depending on peoples preferences. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP SO I CAN ORGANISE!

Thanks.

Jerry

Graham C

Graham C

Jerry
In answer to your questions

1. Yes Please

2 Yes, trying to adjust family to suit Laughing

3 Yes

4 Possibly, but would prefer #3

Graham

Charlie96

Charlie96

Ditto. (But replace the word "family" with "homework" Evil or Very Mad.)

jerryc

jerryc

Thanks both for your quick responses....anyone else?

Club will be open as usual tomorrow - I'll be there after the track coaching session has finished at 9pm

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Hi Jerry,

I probably do but it's difficult for me to get there on a Monday evening as one week I'm at work and the following week im ferrying my kids around to their activities, the joys of being a parent Rolling Eyes

Perhaps I can just let you know as and when I may need one?

Cheers

Mark

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Just to add my two-pennysworth, the cards costs £10, are valid for as long as your remain a club member and the club subsidises the cost by 50%. As the club pays up front, you just have to handover £5 (when they are ready, not on the photo night) and you have access to cheap beer Monday evenings and all weekend too. drunken

toby.m

toby.m

Having paid my fees today I will need one, not sure when I can get there though - probably a week tomorrow.

So in answer to the questions:

1 - Yes
2 - I the next few weeks I intend to go for the first time
3 - Yep, sounds pretty good to me
4 - No. 3 is my preference but either way is good for me I guess

jerryc

jerryc

Thanks to those that have replied. Plan therefore is to try and arrange a good value meal for a Monday night when we can arrange for the VIBC photographer to be present to take pictures - I shall speak to VIBC and the caterers and try to arrange a suitable date.

In the meantime of course you are all welcome to attend the club on Monday nights from 7.30 until ~9.30pm (is open later but a lot of people tend to leave by this time), if you don't have a card just ring the buzzer and someone from the club will be on hand between 8 and 9pm to let you in.

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes

I will check my duties to confirm dates

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum