Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friday 29th 6pm opening time.

+4
GeordieDave
Rich Walker
Sara
Robski
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Thu 28 Apr 2011, 10:05

I have been informed that the Victoria indoor bowling club won't be open at 4pm as detailed prior.
The club will be open from 6pm now.
Please do turn up early enough before the meal though to have your photo taken.
As clearly if we all turn up at food time then no photos will be taken...

8.30 sit down sharp.
Don't forget you can bring along a non member to have a meal & drink, £6.50 for them.
Thanks Simon.

2Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Club meal Sat 30 Apr 2011, 20:56

Robski

It was good to see so many members present at our new meeting place,The Victory Indoors Bowls Club ,Mountbatten Centre.,for our ID photo card and supper evening on Friday.
Thanks mainly to Simon for organising it but who unfortunately was unable to make it on the night.Special thanks to Rob ,Paul and both Richards for coping with everything at short notice so very well.
The food was excellent as was the company.
Sheila Martin.

3Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Sat 30 Apr 2011, 23:19

Sara

Sara

I agree with Sheila, it was a really nice evening and thanks to everyone who helped make it happen, real shame you couldn't make it Si, but maybe thats a good enough excuse to organise another one in a few months time praps?? cheers

4Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Sun 01 May 2011, 21:33

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Dear All,

I would also like to pass on my thanks and appreciation for all the hard work that went into making the evening a resounding success. It would be definitely something we should consider repeating on a regular basis.
I know we meet weekly via the regular means but it would be good to expand the meeting once a quarter to include a meal and raffle and prize giving’s etc.

What’s the general feeling?

5Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Mon 02 May 2011, 00:37

GeordieDave

I did try to get up to the club house, however the drunks of Portsmouth had different ideas. I started at 5pm and finished at 5.30am. I will get up soon.

6Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Thu 05 May 2011, 23:01

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Thanks to all who turned up, including all those who bought extra raffle tickets. Rob and the Richards did a grand job, as did Lisa with clothing sales/orders. We should hold another one of these in the summer? Very Happy

7Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Fri 06 May 2011, 22:20

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Rich Walker wrote:Dear All,

What’s the general feeling?

Suspect general who? do you have a name? lol!

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

8Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty I'm on it... Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:24

The next curry night that is... Very Happy

9Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Wed 29 Jun 2011, 20:39

Robski

I think a curry night, the sooner the better, how about in a couple of weeks?

10Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Wed 29 Jun 2011, 23:54

keith

mmmmm I agree. drunken

11Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Thu 30 Jun 2011, 18:22

Sara

Sara

Yep, count me in! cheers

12Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Thu 30 Jun 2011, 20:27

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Sounds a cracking idea.

Can we tie it in with another raffle or competition or whatever.

Perhaps a ride before hand and get back for fodder and beverages?

What about the treasure hunt we spoke about earlier in the year? That would combine it all.

Just thoughts.

Rich.

13Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Wed 06 Jul 2011, 03:12

I'm in the process of sorting out the Treasure hunt event...
Watch this space, oh & I'll be on the cadge for more prizes Very Happy

14Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Fri 08 Jul 2011, 01:14

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

I'm going to put my sensible hat on and say let's not break the bank guys. The Photo night was great but the club subsidised it quite a bit. We should try to make regular curry nights self-sustaining with the club being prepared to underwrite it.

Okay I'll take my sensible Treasurer's hat off now Smile

15Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Curry night anyone Wed 10 Aug 2011, 02:51

Robski

Would anyone like another food gathering at the club on a Friday evening?

How about September 16th.

If there is a sufficient quantity interested, It should give me more of a chance to get a reasonable price.
It will be on a food only basis. Probably £5 ish

Let me have your thoughts

Rob.

16Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Wed 10 Aug 2011, 06:24

JonG

JonG

Sounds good to me.

http://www.twitter.com/jon_griggs

17Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Empty Re: Friday 29th 6pm opening time. Wed 10 Aug 2011, 08:27

Sara

Sara

Me too ... I'll be there pig

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum