Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

12 hours

+2
andrew waddington
Graham C
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

112 hours Empty 12 hours Wed 17 Jun 2015, 09:04

andrew waddington

Did the Newbury 12 hour on Sunday and managed to do 262.53 so pretty happy to do that as no desire to do another in a hurry.

212 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Wed 17 Jun 2015, 18:14

Graham C

Graham C

Congratulations Andy. A new Club record I believe. Very Happy

312 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Wed 17 Jun 2015, 23:14

Swaff

Swaff

Andy, congratulations on a great ride. Paul and myself owe you £50 each, as part of Prize Presentation at the end of the year. It may have been tough, but it is a ride you will never forget. Hope you have the energy to do an article for the PNEfarthing, so we can all enjoy the details of your suffering.

412 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Thu 18 Jun 2015, 02:39

andrew waddington

Thank you Dave. I feel a bit guilty as I had every aerodynamic aid that I could think of whereas you and Mike Marchant did it 'old style'. Having said that, if I suggest my chosen charity I am sure they would be glad of your money!

512 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Thu 18 Jun 2015, 03:08

Swaff

Swaff

Andy, my forum picture was taken during the Poole Wheelers 12 in 1986, so you can see what I was riding. It was a Vitus 979 frame, which was good enough for Shaun Kelly to win the TDF green jersey on. This frame featured in a recent Cycling Weekly article about 'The top 10 game changing bikes' http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/tech/the-top-10-game-changing-road-bikes-172711. I sold mine to my son's friend and it is still going strong and is ridden every day. Very light wheels as well, so I had no excuse.
I checked CTT website and see the winner did 316 miles and got to within a mile of Andy Wilkinson's competition record, what a ride.

612 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Thu 18 Jun 2015, 03:15

Swaff

Swaff

That should be 'Sean', how could I forget. For the techies out there by the way, duraluminium is an alloy which age hardens. It can be heated to anneal it, so that it is softened and easy to work. Then over a few days it hardens itself again.

712 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Thu 18 Jun 2015, 22:13

mozzy

mozzy

Well done... cracking ride, looking forward to reading about it!

812 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Fri 19 Jun 2015, 09:03

James A

James A

Well done Andy!!
Im sure you need to have some kind of screw loose to do a 12 hour, top effort. Laughing
The thought of 12hrs on a TT bike fills me with dread!!!

912 hours Empty Re: 12 hours Sat 20 Jun 2015, 01:03

timhiggs

timhiggs

Nearly 22mph for 12 hours straight, my body aches just thinking about it! Top work!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum