Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salt replenishment

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salt replenishment Empty Salt replenishment Sun 23 Feb 2014, 05:42

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Someone at work rides a hybrid occasionally for charity and was looking for a recommendation for a tablet, powder or fluid to use in his bottle to replace the minerals that he loses when he sweats. He's a 'bigger' rider and not your average racing man build so he needs to be sure to replace some of what he loses during the longer rides, and possibly afterwards too. I don't use supplements myself (probably because a) I don't ride much and b) I don't try hard enough when I do) so can't really recommend anything. Can anyone else please? Thanks.

2Salt replenishment Empty Re: Salt replenishment Sun 23 Feb 2014, 07:23

Graham C

Graham C

Hi Paul
Personally, I use High 5 products. Zero tablets as a mineral/salts drink in one bottle and 2 in 1 Energy Source + (the plus being caffeine) in the other. He could drop the Zero bottle in favour of just water as the 2 in 1 does have the salts in it. I also use High 5 Energy bars.

I have not tried other products as High 5 do not upset my system whilst riding so I have stuck with them.

They all do the same job really it is just down to whether they taste nice to the individual and there is no adverse reaction.

Common sense statement though is to try them out before an event to make sure they don't upset his system during a ride    No   bounce  affraid

Cheers
Graham

3Salt replenishment Empty Re: Salt replenishment Sun 23 Feb 2014, 09:54

jerryc

jerryc

I use the high 5 zero tablets for electrolytes, tesco sell them now in their larger stores.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum