Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monday 9th April

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Monday 9th April on Wed 04 Apr 2012, 22:08

I believe there is a Sunday club run as normal this weekend?

I also intend on going out for a spin on Monday - willing to adapt speed/distance/time and terrain to suit anyone that would like to join me...

There is a club evening 7.30 at Victory Indoor Bowls Club on Monday evening.

View user profile

2 Re: Monday 9th April on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 01:20

I might be able to wobble out on Sunday provided that I haven't seized up completely. Somehow Monday will be a ride too far for me but I hope you get plenty of other takers! Very Happy

Remember when teachers, police officers, nurses, doctors, rank+file civil servants, firefighters and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither.
View user profile

3 Re: Monday 9th April on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 01:48

Nice avatar, that's exactly what it looked like!

View user profile

4 Re: Monday 9th April on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 02:17

Very Happy surely not....that avatar is still clipped in! lol!

m: 07483944230
e:  trigwill@gmail.com

Regular U18 coaching sessions @ South Downs College Saturday's 0900-1130
www.pnecc.co.uk/coaching.html for further details

bounce PNECC Members get FREE British Cycling RACE BRONZE for 12 months (Quote code: NEWCMRA)  bounce
0161 274 2010 ...you've nothing to lose?
bouncePNECC Youth Members get FREE British Cycling Membership & RACE Licence (first 12 months).......what you waiting for?   affraid
http://www.pnecc.co.uk/youthcoaching.html
View user profile http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

5 Re: Monday 9th April on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 21:30

Hahahahahahahaha that avatar made me chuckle, you were like a piece of tumble weed rolling across the track in front of us Very Happy

I will be heading out Sunday and am game for Monday, a couple of friends would like to join us Monday also, Jack used to cycle but hasn't done much on his bike of late and his partner Donne should get her first road bike this weekend (if it is delivered on time). So if your willing to ride at our pace Jerry???

What time are you thinking of meeting up? 10am??

6 Re: Monday 9th April on Thu 05 Apr 2012, 22:19

10am is fine with me. Happy to ride any pace and any route. Can always carry on after as I don't have any other plans for the day if the sun is out.

View user profile

7 Re: Monday 9th April on Sat 07 Apr 2012, 22:46

I will be without the kids and the better half is working so I will be up for a nice ride (if its dry) . Likewise jerry , Ive got no plans so if after you wanna do so more we can....its about time I got some bike fitness.

View user profile

8 Re: Monday 9th April on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 00:47

stevenics wrote:Likewise jerry , Ive got no plans so if after you wanna do so more we can....its about time I got some bike fitness.

Loving strava - www.strava.com I'm King of the Mountains on the club's hill climb route this year but I know I can go faster...guys join up, let's up the ante and get some competition going.

View user profile

9 Re: Monday 9th April on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:05

I'll try to come along on Monday as well if it's not raining.

View user profile

10 Re: Monday 9th April on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:07

What route is the club's hill climb route jerry?

View user profile

11 Re: Monday 9th April on Sun 08 Apr 2012, 03:25

Southwick hill unless I'm mistaken, one roundabout to the other, fareham are using the same one

View user profile

12 Re: Monday 9th April on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 06:04

Tried that route jerry as you will see on Strava, covered 18 miles or so , popped in just behind your time putting me in second place. Dont think I could go much faster at the moment...wish I was just a bit lighter and alot fitter...looking foward to tommorrow. 10am at the George.(if its dry).

PS Had a go at bunkers hill on the way back , me thinks I need another lung Laughing

View user profile

13 Re: Monday 9th April on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 08:25

Forecast looks wet & windy therefore I'm going to say possibility of a ride is doubtful. Will check the window forecast tomorrow at post up @ 9am if I am going (subject to a heavy downpour between then and 9.30 when I'll be leaving to get to the George for 10).

Fingers crossed!

View user profile

14 Re: Monday 9th April on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 18:19

Window forecast currently looking very promising so barring any big downpour the ride is on. 10 @ the George, recommend mud guards and a jacket if you have them.

View user profile

15 Re: Monday 9th April on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 18:46

Currently raining in Waterlooville,

Forecast outlook is not good,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639996

View user profile

16 Re: Monday 9th April on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 19:10

Just such a downpour is coming down in waterlooville so going to have to cancel the ride. Hope to see some of you up the club tonight from 8.

View user profile

17 Re: Monday 9th April on Mon 09 Apr 2012, 19:14

Yes Rob I agree, out at Cowplain its been awful all morning....typical , first time in a while I can get out for a good few hours....dont fancy cold wet and slippery...looks like 'sufferfest' turbo session is calling.. pale

View user profile

18 Re: Monday 9th April on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 06:57

I tried to come to the club meeting, but I did not find the place.. Well, I know I was around the place as indicated on the map, but I just didn't find the entrance, might be the rain Neutral

Any indications for dummies for next time?

View user profile

19 Re: Monday 9th April on Tue 10 Apr 2012, 07:07

Hi Jose

You probably found the right place but it turns out our hosts decided not to open tonight but didn't tell us. I contacted the Chairman of the Victory Indoor Bowls Club and he will make sure we know in advance next time. Sorry about that.

Paul

Remember when teachers, police officers, nurses, doctors, rank+file civil servants, firefighters and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum