Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monday 9th April

+2
Paul Martin
jerryc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monday 9th April Empty Monday 9th April Wed 04 Apr 2012, 22:08

jerryc

jerryc

I believe there is a Sunday club run as normal this weekend?

I also intend on going out for a spin on Monday - willing to adapt speed/distance/time and terrain to suit anyone that would like to join me...

There is a club evening 7.30 at Victory Indoor Bowls Club on Monday evening.

2Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Thu 05 Apr 2012, 01:20

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

I might be able to wobble out on Sunday provided that I haven't seized up completely. Somehow Monday will be a ride too far for me but I hope you get plenty of other takers! Very Happy

3Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Thu 05 Apr 2012, 01:48

jerryc

jerryc

Nice avatar, that's exactly what it looked like!

4Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Thu 05 Apr 2012, 02:17

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy surely not....that avatar is still clipped in! lol!

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

5Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Thu 05 Apr 2012, 21:30

Hahahahahahahaha that avatar made me chuckle, you were like a piece of tumble weed rolling across the track in front of us Very Happy

I will be heading out Sunday and am game for Monday, a couple of friends would like to join us Monday also, Jack used to cycle but hasn't done much on his bike of late and his partner Donne should get her first road bike this weekend (if it is delivered on time). So if your willing to ride at our pace Jerry???

What time are you thinking of meeting up? 10am??

6Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Thu 05 Apr 2012, 22:19

jerryc

jerryc

10am is fine with me. Happy to ride any pace and any route. Can always carry on after as I don't have any other plans for the day if the sun is out.

7Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Sat 07 Apr 2012, 22:46

stevenics

stevenics

I will be without the kids and the better half is working so I will be up for a nice ride (if its dry) . Likewise jerry , Ive got no plans so if after you wanna do so more we can....its about time I got some bike fitness.

8Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Sun 08 Apr 2012, 00:47

jerryc

jerryc

stevenics wrote:Likewise jerry , Ive got no plans so if after you wanna do so more we can....its about time I got some bike fitness.

Loving strava - www.strava.com I'm King of the Mountains on the club's hill climb route this year but I know I can go faster...guys join up, let's up the ante and get some competition going.

9Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:05

prae

I'll try to come along on Monday as well if it's not raining.

10Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Sun 08 Apr 2012, 02:07

prae

What route is the club's hill climb route jerry?

11Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Sun 08 Apr 2012, 03:25

jerryc

jerryc

Southwick hill unless I'm mistaken, one roundabout to the other, fareham are using the same one

12Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Mon 09 Apr 2012, 06:04

stevenics

stevenics

Tried that route jerry as you will see on Strava, covered 18 miles or so , popped in just behind your time putting me in second place. Dont think I could go much faster at the moment...wish I was just a bit lighter and alot fitter...looking foward to tommorrow. 10am at the George.(if its dry).

PS Had a go at bunkers hill on the way back , me thinks I need another lung Laughing

13Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Mon 09 Apr 2012, 08:25

jerryc

jerryc

Forecast looks wet & windy therefore I'm going to say possibility of a ride is doubtful. Will check the window forecast tomorrow at post up @ 9am if I am going (subject to a heavy downpour between then and 9.30 when I'll be leaving to get to the George for 10).

Fingers crossed!

14Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Mon 09 Apr 2012, 18:19

jerryc

jerryc

Window forecast currently looking very promising so barring any big downpour the ride is on. 10 @ the George, recommend mud guards and a jacket if you have them.

15Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Mon 09 Apr 2012, 18:46

Robski

Currently raining in Waterlooville,

Forecast outlook is not good,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2639996

16Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Mon 09 Apr 2012, 19:10

jerryc

jerryc

Just such a downpour is coming down in waterlooville so going to have to cancel the ride. Hope to see some of you up the club tonight from 8.

17Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Mon 09 Apr 2012, 19:14

stevenics

stevenics

Yes Rob I agree, out at Cowplain its been awful all morning....typical , first time in a while I can get out for a good few hours....dont fancy cold wet and slippery...looks like 'sufferfest' turbo session is calling.. pale

18Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Tue 10 Apr 2012, 06:57

prae

I tried to come to the club meeting, but I did not find the place.. Well, I know I was around the place as indicated on the map, but I just didn't find the entrance, might be the rain Neutral

Any indications for dummies for next time?

19Monday 9th April Empty Re: Monday 9th April Tue 10 Apr 2012, 07:07

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

Hi Jose

You probably found the right place but it turns out our hosts decided not to open tonight but didn't tell us. I contacted the Chairman of the Victory Indoor Bowls Club and he will make sure we know in advance next time. Sorry about that.

Paul

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum