Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why should I join Portsmouth North End Cycling Club?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Like a Star @ heaven I had an email from a member today

Suspect He was debating whether to renew his membership.

"Please can you tell me what the club can offer me next year?”

It didn’t start there though, first comments were regarding the Club rides at the weekends and how they appeared to be without organisation?

Wink Every weekend a Ride Leader will post on the PNECC Forum whether the Sunday Club Ride (this is the only official Club run each weekend) will proceed and the start time. [At the recent AGM – those members who came to the AGM will know – Raymond Gregory is now the Club Captain and along with Rob Allen (a stalwart member who has continued to support whenever he can the Sunday club runs – thank you for your solo efforts Rob) a list of Ride Leaders will be organised to ensure each Club ride conforms to CTC liability insurance requirements, and that experienced and responsible riders will lead the group].

Secondly the recent issue with delivery short-comings from the club kit supplier, and the long wait for kit ordered was high-lighted.

Neutral This was unfortunate but beyond the control of the Procurement Officer? Every club is at the mercy of it’s supplier and deadlines will come and pass, it would be ‘cutting of your nose to spite your face’ to try and change supplier even the process of artwork supply and file format for plans would take considerable time to satisfy and achieve to the standard we presently do receive – eventually. The committees main concern was for new members who are keen to wear club colours but may take ages to receive a top. So it has been proposed, voted on, and accepted that the club will make available Giletts for new members to loan(token deposit) until their kit ordered arrives, thereby giving them some club identity.

The recent questionnaire – had many points raised, suggestions and points to consider. I thank you for all those replies returned.

Shocked Many points were recorded and the Committee have discussed where the club may go with some of the achievable ideas raised – witness how things are already developing and new ground is being uncovered. The club has forwarded registration documents to British Cycling to enable the club to become recognised as a ‘Go Ride’ Club. This wouldn’t be possible without changes to the Club structure; a British Cycling Coach; A Club Welfare Officer; Safeguarding & Protecting Children workshops; affiliating the club with local schools and providing Cycle coaching; Child Protection Policy; Code of Conduct, the list goes on. A few club members have been beavering away to provide this foundation for the club and it’s future.

Cool The web site has had a re-vamp; PortsmouthNorthEndCyclingClub has it’s own facebook page with friends growing every day; there is a twitter account linked to the pnecc. All these and many other links are accessible from the website.

“ I want to still be a member but is it worth paying another years membership to be disappointed when I had so high hopes for this year to be discouraged by disorganisation”.

Very Happy I think the small membership fee that you pay, to belong to a club that only in a short summary above, is striving to become so much, is worth it. I’m proud to wear my pnecc kit (even the wintex top I crashed in a while back is sewn up and paraded every day on my daily commute).

Cool I believe you get from this club what you decide to put in. It is a club of riders willing to share their experiences, passion and drive, embrace new members and as the club logo states ‘promote the pastime and sport of cycling’. We have coaches, Harry Jackson and Dave Gwilliam, who can deliver sessions designed to improve techniques and skills, we have a team that delivers regular Time Trials with starters, time-keepers and admin, but these members do it off their own back, it’s up to other club members to see what they can do to improve their club? Not wait and see what the club can do for them? I believe if the organisation requires a hand, offer one, not fold your arms and wait for it to sort itself? I belong to this club, I’m a doer, and will continue to see what I can do to make this club even better.

So come on club member(s) What could you do? alien

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

beckcd

beckcd

The Friday training loop for all will start up again after March. This is a training ride that aims for a 19 - 20 mph average by June/July. Starts of at the George and heads off to Compton and back home via Woodmancote. All are welcome and we finish up at the Bowls club for a beer.

I would also be more than happy to take a club run if needed.

Carl

Sheila Martin

Sheila Martin

I'm sorry to hear that Ben and Keith are leaving to join a club in Plymouth. I had hoped to see more of them at my cycle races this year, especially as Keith (and Debbie) had offered to help. Nevertheless I am pleased to know that the sport hasn't lost them and look forward to seeing them in their new club colours at local races in 2012.

keith

Hi Shelia,

Thankyou for the kind words, I have decided to stay with PNE (Better the devil you know! lol)and will be renewing my membership for 2012, I will be training mainly Mon-Fri during the day but I'll still be out on Sundays and maybe some TT's

Carl

Maybe we could start up the the Saturday 20miler from Rowlands Castle like we did at the being of last year?

Hope to see you all soon.

Keith

beckcd

beckcd

Good idea Keith.

The main issue for me is the start time. If you don't mind a ten o clock start then we should look at getting it off the ground again. I can't do 9 as the two year old boy always wants to come on the dog walk in the morning. What with getting him ready and then having to play hide and seek behind every tree, and I mean every tree, i'm hard pushed to get out for 9.

If that's not a problem for those who might want to come out then I'm up for a few.

Carl

Last edited by beckcd on Fri 13 Jan 2012, 19:18; edited 1 time in total

jerryc

jerryc

Late start suits me...7am departure on the bike last weekend was a little crazy. Would definitely give a few a go.

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy Perhaps I'll see you guys going outbound as I travel homebound then - 8 am start as always on the Saturday for me. If you make this a regular occurence (or not) remember to post it on the pnecc fb wall to gain even further coverage.

Keep the outcomes and posts going on the 'weekend rides' & 'last minute rides' pages of the forum too, the more the better! All the best alien

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

beckcd

beckcd

After speaking to Tom and Rich last night (trophy winners supreme) We decided on Sat 4th Feb to start the Saturday morning roll outs. This will give Rich's gammy knee some time to heal.

It's going to be a slow roll out to start with depending on fitness levels, Jerry and Tom being level 1, Rich and I level -5. All welcome and lets see how near the hour we can get.

I will put a reminder on 'Weekend Rides' nearer the time.

Carl

jerryc

jerryc

beckcd wrote:Rich and I level -5.

Carl you got the decimal point in the wrong place...besides you guys waited for me last year so i'm happy to repay the favour.

keith

Nice one Carl, I'll be up for that at the being of Feb. Can anyone in box Rich Francis mobile number I would really like to catch up with him? What a Face

beckcd

beckcd

Check your facebook messages.

keith

Guys,

So are we going to do this Saturday 20 miler loop jobby this month every Saturday at 10am?

Keith?

beckcd

beckcd

Keith,

Yes we will start them soon. I don't think this Saturday is going to happen due to Rich still being off the bike and not sure what the weather's going to do.

See how the next few weeks pan out.

There will be some weeks that I can't make it as I would like to do the club run as well and to leave the wife with our two year old for two mornings every weekend and not do 'family stuff' is a bit selfish by me.

I'll post on last minute rides early on in the week when we're going to hit the road.

Carl

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum