Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Club Clothing.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Club Clothing. on Mon 31 Oct 2011, 07:57

I have a suggestion for the committee.

Next week we've got some new members riding the Devil's Punchbowl Sportive. Would it be a good idea if the club has a few jerseys (not shorts) just for members to borrow to wear for these events whilst they're awaiting for new stock to come in. They would have to return them washed of course.

I'm going to be lending one of our riders a top and thought of this.

Like I say, just a suggestion.

Carl

View user profile

2 Re: Club Clothing. on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 02:48

There's a heck of a lot of 'PNE' clothing out there. I wonder if any ex-PNE members fancy donating any of it to the club? Otherwise I would recommend gilets for this purpose. We can afford to buy half a dozen in various sizes.

Remember when teachers, police officers, nurses, doctors, rank+file civil servants, firefighters and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither.
View user profile

3 Re: Club Clothing. on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 03:27

Yep defo. When my new Short zip top comes in I've got a full zip XL top that I will be more than willing to donate. It's not the best but it will do.

View user profile

4 Re: Club Clothing. on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 19:40

Very Happy I think the juliet idea is spot-on. What's wrong with the club purchasing half a dozen as 'stock' items and loaning them to new members as a 'matter of course' until their ordered kit arrives? Of course this has to be on the basis that the new member HAS ordered a top on joining? Very Happy

bounce Carl there is an AGM coming up, this is a sensible proposition to put forward to the committee, get someone to second it, then submit to Paul. Lets have more ideas from the members, for the members (who attend the AGM) to vote on - this is what we (the committee) keep battling on about - YOU the members having a say in how your club operates for YOU. alien

m: 07483944230
e:  trigwill@gmail.com

Regular U18 coaching sessions @ South Downs College Saturday's 0900-1130
www.pnecc.co.uk/coaching.html for further details

bounce PNECC Members get FREE British Cycling RACE BRONZE for 12 months (Quote code: NEWCMRA)  bounce
0161 274 2010 ...you've nothing to lose?
bouncePNECC Youth Members get FREE British Cycling Membership & RACE Licence (first 12 months).......what you waiting for?   affraid
http://www.pnecc.co.uk/youthcoaching.html
View user profile http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

5 Re: Club Clothing. on Thu 21 Feb 2013, 05:26

Sorry not revisited this post since the AGM, there was a problem with this idea in so far as our supplier had run out of material for Gilet's....however I am pleased to say this has been resolved so for you information from now on if there is a wait for a jersey to new members the club will aim to provide them with a gilet on loan in the meantime so they can wear the club colours with pride Very Happy

Hopefully I shall be handing two out tonight in fact.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum