Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clonemore Trophy TT

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Clonemore Trophy TT on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 06:13

There is a 25 m tt being run on the bognor course this coming sunday (P 901) 25 th Sept.I will be travelling up with Alan Cockram and Andrew Wadington said he was considering doing it.It would be a good chance for others that fancy having a go at doing a fairly fast 25 to do it .Its a club event so its entry on the line probably £3.50 ish a 7.30 start , there is a start list for people entered for the trophy ,this will not be us so we can expect to go off after about 7.50,the HQ is Aldingbourne community center.If anyone fancies having a go, come and see what you have been missing.Any takers can follow me ,any questions drop a post.It will probably mean a 6.15 departure from Portsmouth.

View user profile

2 Re: Clonemore Trophy TT on Mon 19 Sep 2011, 06:32

pale sounds brilliant - just can't make Sundays. Hope you have a good one and more from the club give it a go alien

m: 07483944230
e:  trigwill@gmail.com

Regular U18 coaching sessions @ South Downs College Saturday's 0900-1130
www.pnecc.co.uk/coaching.html for further details

bounce PNECC Members get FREE British Cycling RACE BRONZE for 12 months (Quote code: NEWCMRA)  bounce
0161 274 2010 ...you've nothing to lose?
bouncePNECC Youth Members get FREE British Cycling Membership & RACE Licence (first 12 months).......what you waiting for?   affraid
http://www.pnecc.co.uk/youthcoaching.html
View user profile http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

3 Re: Clonemore Trophy TT on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 05:35

Yeah, go on then, count me in!!
Any chance I can follow you up Nick, oh and any tips on pacing for a 25 would be useful. Only ridden 10s before and usually go balls out!!! I dont think employing these tactics on sunday would do me any favours!!
Is it open to 'come and trys' as I have a mate who might be interested but he's not affiliated to any club.

View user profile

4 re clonemore trophy on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 06:32

Hi James , ,thats what I had in mind, anyone thats not sure of the way ,they can follow me.You can run by my house or we can meet at at arranged place ,I have to pick Alan up first ,but thats on the way anyway.Not sure about the come and try ,but have emailed the organiser,I will let you know when I find out.The coarse is fairly flat , so I try to go by my average speed and keep it up around what I am going to finish at ,there is a climb at about 14 miles ,which will knock the speed back a bit.Basicaly I try to stay at a constant speed throughout.You will need a flashing rear light and have a look on the South DC website at the coarse (p901) and try and get yourself familiar with it as best you can,any grey areas I can fill in,regards Nick

View user profile

5 Re: Clonemore Trophy TT on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 05:09

Hi James ,got a reply from the organisers and its fine to ride as a come and try,and I was thinking that we could meet in Morrisons car park along the Eastern Road and travel up from there,
thanks Nick

View user profile

6 Re: Clonemore Trophy TT on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 06:30

Yep, sounds good to me, what time at Morrisons then?

View user profile

7 Re: Clonemore Trophy TT on Thu 22 Sep 2011, 07:31

I think 6.15 will be ok,my mobile is no. 07592721237,send me a text so I have yours.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum