Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

ibike Pro cycle computer? Any Good?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ibike Pro cycle computer? Any Good? on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 21:58

Hi All

I've been offered an ibike Pro Cycle computer/power meter at a very cheap price..... but are they any good? or I'm I wasting my money Shocked

Thanks in advance for any feedback bounce

Keith

View user profile

2 Re: ibike Pro cycle computer? Any Good? on Thu 14 Apr 2011, 22:53

Very Happy suppose it's what is a good price? There are mixed reviews as there always is on the internet. I suppose it's whether you need a power meter or just a cycle computer.
Personally I like the Garmin Edge products for all the data they can record' cadence' heart etc. (705 Edge) and the routes' courses, history they retain and can be used for training, oh and the excellent gps, maps, navigation and routeing. cyclops

Last edited by trigwill on Fri 15 Apr 2011, 10:24; edited 1 time in total

m: 07483944230
e:  trigwill@gmail.com

Regular U18 coaching sessions @ South Downs College Saturday's 0900-1130
www.pnecc.co.uk/coaching.html for further details

bounce PNECC Members get FREE British Cycling RACE BRONZE for 12 months (Quote code: NEWCMRA)  bounce
0161 274 2010 ...you've nothing to lose?
bouncePNECC Youth Members get FREE British Cycling Membership & RACE Licence (first 12 months).......what you waiting for?   affraid
http://www.pnecc.co.uk/youthcoaching.html
View user profile http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

3 Re: ibike Pro cycle computer? Any Good? on Fri 15 Apr 2011, 02:22

garmin 705 is good still cant figure out how mine works though lol, only buy it if its what you want,honestly you get no where with impulse buys

View user profile

4 Re: ibike Pro cycle computer? Any Good? on Tue 19 Apr 2011, 05:34

robsp

Admin
Keith, sorry I didnt get back to you on FB, but saw your post on here, so thought i'd reply.

I've had 2 power meters so far, had the I-Bike pro since last July, and find it v useful. The main benefit is that it can be transferred from different bikes easily, where most (if not all) power metres are limited to one bike.

Like most things technical, it has its good and bad points, but its good points outweigh the bad points hugely.

I could bore you with the benefits of power training, but I wont.

I'm not sure I would buy one 2nd hand though because of the warranty issues, depends how much it is offered for.

If you want any more info let me know

I'm on my way back from Northern Spain tomorrow so wont be online for a few days

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum