Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Important please read (everyone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Important please read (everyone) on Fri 25 Mar 2011, 22:11

Hello well this is my push to get as many people in one go down to the new club for TWO reasons.
Firstly to have your photo taken for a swipe card. This will then allow you to enter the new club without having to wait after buzzing to be let in, twice! (double doors!!)
Secondly just to prove how much better this arrangement is compared to the Leopard pub for all concerned.
Yes maybe a Friday night isn't best suited to all. But come on surely we can put one Friday aside in a month to come down.
You don't even have to stay long, & then go out clubbing or whatever afterwards.

Anyway back to the main reason, to get as many of us in one go at the club to have our photos taken for the swipe cards.
Please, everyone who has decided that they are going to be joining us at the new venue, please make an effort to come down on this evening which I will post the date, time here hopefully by next Friday 1st April, & no it's not a joke Very Happy

We are proposing a date of Friday April 29th, time from 6.30pm if you just want to pop in to have your photo taken £10 to the bowling club with a crisp £5 note refunded from Paul on the night or at a later date if he runs out of fivers.

However, should you wish to stay a little while we are having a Curry/Lasanga chips/rice & a drink pint or glass of wine night at £5 a head.
This will be from 8.30pm to allow for those on the track to get ready. (senior track finishes at 8pm)

So all in all for a measly £10 (total, photo + meal) you can get your photo card sorted, have a meal & get to know some of the newer members or simply catch up in the new & I must say very nice surroundings we are now part of.

So please try & make this I know it's short notice but it will be worth it in the end.
We are also able to use the facilities Saturdays & Sundays I believe, Rob or Paul will confirm this.

Lastly please leave your name below saying if you can make it that night.
But more importantly if you will be staying for the meal & what you would like. (numbers needed for catering cost)

Curry - chips or rice
Lasagna - chips or rice
Plus either a pint of beer, glass of wine or a soft drink of your choice. £5 a head.

There will be a vegetarian option of both but please ensure you make this clear you would like this option in your posting below, thank you.
Thank you, Simon Bonner-Whyte, club social sec.

I know this is a Bank holiday because of someones wedding! So is this going to cause a problem with people not wanting to attend?
If so we can change this date. Cheers, Simon.

2 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 03:48

The 29th is fine mate, Curry,Rice & a pint for me please, Cheers bud bounce

View user profile

3 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sat 26 Mar 2011, 05:27

Si Very Happy
No fish on the menu?
lol!

View user profile

4 Prize Raffle on the night. on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 00:51

You can turn up for your photo on Friday April 29th from 4pm.
You don't have to stay for the meal or ride the track. Please remember the £10 for the photo/swipe card.
Should you turn up before Paul Martin, Rob Allen have turned up & are unable to wait please be assured you will still receive your £5 refund, just at a later date on production of card to either Paul or Rob.

Those going to the track to ride please turn up a little earlier & go into the club first to have your photo taken.

For those who stay for the meal there will be a prize raffle.
Haven't yet decided on the prizes yet but certainly at least 3 maybe 4 to be won.

On the night please pay £10 to the Victory indoor bowling club for the photo.
Rob Allen will then on presenting the card take the card details (number) & log it & give you a crisp fiver back.
Then you can come to me & give me that crisp fiver for a raffle ticket which is also proof to the caterer that you have paid.
Give them your ticket & let them know what you have asked for etc.

I will have written on the retained ticket your name for when the raffle is drawn.

Thank you in advance, please try & turn up at least for the photo but it would be really great to have a big club get together meal.
Simon...

5 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 04:02

Hi Si,
Please count me in for the Fri night mate. I will have to get back to you with exact numbers as tom and barb will probably come along as well. i will ensure that all the early Sunday gang pitch up as well mate.

Can i ask you to liaise with rob and keep the non internet folk in the loop. Rob has a list. Please forgive if i am teaching you to suck eggs. Embarassed

Hope you had a good ride today and your ride tomorrow is dry. Smile

See ya.

Rich

View user profile

6 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 09:28

Is it the 1st or 29th? If it's the first I'll be along not a clue about 29th and lasagne and chips and a pint sounds champion.

View user profile

7 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sun 27 Mar 2011, 18:24

Hello Dave, it's the 29th, reference the 1st was myself getting back to confirm by then.
The 29th of April is a Friday & a Bank holiday due to the Royal wedding.

8 Wedding plans and all that on Tue 29 Mar 2011, 07:00

Wonder if I can get a refund on the present??

Count me in, I'd like Lasagne and chips and a nice cheeky glass of red please pig

View user profile

9 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sun 03 Apr 2011, 05:36

As requested Mr Retro i'll be there for a ruby and a babycham.

Some granny knocked me off my bike in Havent on the way home from the loop today. She laughed at me whilst I lay on the floor, struggling to get my foot out of the pedals. She was mean and it was here fault for riding her Pashley iron girder on the right hand side of the road. A Thug in a twin set and pearls.

View user profile

10 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sun 03 Apr 2011, 10:16

Suspect For info: no track on the 29th Bank Holiday and all that No

Suspect correction to above: track should be on according to portscycling on twitter alien

Last edited by trigwill on Sun 24 Apr 2011, 10:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated information :D)

m: 07483944230
e:  trigwill@gmail.com

Regular U18 coaching sessions @ South Downs College Saturday's 0900-1130
www.pnecc.co.uk/coaching.html for further details

bounce PNECC Members get FREE British Cycling RACE BRONZE for 12 months (Quote code: NEWCMRA)  bounce
0161 274 2010 ...you've nothing to lose?
bouncePNECC Youth Members get FREE British Cycling Membership & RACE Licence (first 12 months).......what you waiting for?   affraid
http://www.pnecc.co.uk/youthcoaching.html
View user profile http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

11 Count me in on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 05:42

I'll be there Si. Curry and a pint. Any plans to offer basic bike care/servicing sessions, perhaps on a Friday night?

Al

View user profile

12 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Fri 22 Apr 2011, 23:46

affraid I am unable to attend Fri 29th unless I drive from holiday for the photo (not). So what is the alternative? Does a passport photo suffice or is there a way of getting the machine to take your photo at an alternative time? Question

I expect I won't be the only absentee? What a Face

m: 07483944230
e:  trigwill@gmail.com

Regular U18 coaching sessions @ South Downs College Saturday's 0900-1130
www.pnecc.co.uk/coaching.html for further details

bounce PNECC Members get FREE British Cycling RACE BRONZE for 12 months (Quote code: NEWCMRA)  bounce
0161 274 2010 ...you've nothing to lose?
bouncePNECC Youth Members get FREE British Cycling Membership & RACE Licence (first 12 months).......what you waiting for?   affraid
http://www.pnecc.co.uk/youthcoaching.html
View user profile http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

13 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sat 23 Apr 2011, 04:46

I'll find out for sure Dave, but from what I know the camera is linked to the PC & it prints to the swipe card.
So passport photos would need to be scanned in. Which I'd expect they'd rather not do. I'll ask though okay.

14 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Sat 23 Apr 2011, 10:45

On another note members are welcome to bring along non memebers to have a meal at the non subsidised price of £6.50 please obviously let me know there choice of meal as well. Thanks.

15 Re Important Please read (everyone) on Sun 24 Apr 2011, 09:15

Hi Simon put me down for rice carry and a pint Very Happy

View user profile

16 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Mon 25 Apr 2011, 06:26

The curry sounds good so count me in but working until 1930 so should make it fine unless I get caught for an over run.
Cant really tell the public they cant have an ambulance cause your off out. Hope thats ok, obviously cant be more definate.
Regards Kev

View user profile

17 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Mon 25 Apr 2011, 09:05

Will keep some hot for you Kev, thanks for letting me know.
Simon.

18 Re: Important please read (everyone) on Mon 25 Apr 2011, 18:07

I should be there for a curry and a soft drink. I finish work at 8 so I'll come straight there after a 10 hour shift, I'll need some food and a sit down!

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/jon_griggs

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum