Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Mon 14 Feb 2011, 20:08

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Razz Me again......this is becoming a regular occurence now, and will be every week Razz

Very Happy OK last Friday, there were from PNE me on a bike and a few bellies on the fencewhich was great. Very Happy

Suspect Now this Friday I'd like some more company on the riding surface? clown

No I've heard all the excuses now, weather permitting, it's dark, I'm afflicted with a bald patch...the list goes on!

Very Happy Floodlit; traffic free; flat (no hills); fast (as you want to go);fun; all for £3 affraid

bounce The East gate is unlocked (it may be closed - a security feature - but can be opened by sliding the bar...doh!) and there is someone there from 6pm. Sign on (just put your name on the paper) pay £3 and get set.

Juniors 18:30 - 19:30
Seniors 19:00 - 20:00
Track bikes (haven't seen any so far) after 20:00

You don't have to ride with the racing snakes (through and off, with sprints) as there is normally 2 groups - one below the blue line (snakes) and one above (me and a few others). Although you can join in with the through and off I did, and it is great fun. bounce

Suspect So come on down! You won't get fitter, better at cycling, slimmer, if you don't......cycle lol!

study Reply to the post, commit and turn up, no wishy-washy excuses, you are only letting you down.......I'll still be there, with a few bellies off the fence this week?

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

2Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Thu 17 Feb 2011, 06:16

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Suspect can't believe the response so far.........it's been..................er zero lol!

cheers well done all, that's the pnecc spirit, no wonder it's bounding along as the top Portsmouth Cycle Club? Sleep

3Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Thu 17 Feb 2011, 21:31

GeordieDave

I would love to turn up, however, I'll be working from 17:00 to 03:00.

Same again the following week. I'll be there on 4th May (If I've got my dates right).

The 4 week shift pattern tends to be a bit restrictive on the private life, it will be the same for rides sadly, but I do get 2 in 4 weekends off to play a bit more.

4Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Thu 17 Feb 2011, 22:17

Hello Dave, sadly my excuse of unemployed & no money still stands as well most 2nd Fridays Tina is with me.
However, every other 2nd Friday she mostly isn't, and £3 is something I should be able to stretch too fortnightly.
Maybe even when I've settled a liitle longer of my new routine in my new (rented) flat I maybe even able to pursuade Tina to come down & watch. Can I assume spectators don't pay?
I'm now at Lovedean, is that anywhere near you? Do you cycle or drive with bike on rack?
I'll do some arm twisting & see if I can get a couple of people living near me now to come as well....
Definetely not this Friday though as I twisted my right knee very badly last Saturday moving & it still feels dodgy walking let alone cycling.
Anyhow hope to be down Leopard Monday, cheers see you soon.

5Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Thu 17 Feb 2011, 22:46

GeordieDave

Hiya RetroSi.

I live in Fratton, so would just ride to the track. If I lived anywhere over the back of the hill you would be most welcome to a lift.

I had the same idea with the missus. She can have a swim or do body combat while I play on the track and learn to ride properly, sadly I get 2 sat and sun off every 4 weeks but work 3 fridays on lates.

I'll be looking for midweek rides too as most of my days off fall midweek.

6Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Fri 18 Feb 2011, 00:46

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

GeordieDave wrote:I would love to turn up, however, I'll be working from 17:00 to 03:00.

Same again the following week. I'll be there on 4th May (If I've got my dates right).

Very Happy 4th of March is a Friday? No worries, it's £3 to ride, spectators just park their bellies on the fence lol!

For whatever reason there seems to be a degree of Suspect apprehension riding the Mountbatten circuit - to be honest, there isn't. It is an hours good workout in traffic free environment.

Unfortunately Si I live on the back of the Mountbatten Centre playing fields, so cycle to the track. sunny

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

7Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Fri 18 Feb 2011, 02:40

Mark.McF

Mark.McF

so can you ride it on your winter hack with mudguards and lights? my planet x is hung up til summer really

8Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Fri 18 Feb 2011, 06:39

keith

I'll be there Dave (Weather Permitting) affraid

9Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Fri 18 Feb 2011, 07:07

Some of us would love to get back on the track, I enjoyed it last year, tho I mainly did Wednesdays. However it has been slightly difficult to not be the 'belly' on the fence given I've had no bike, and that given I think the fact that I came down to watch the rider(s) for a while is actually quite sporting especially as it's been bloody cold! I do now have a bike and shifts permitting I will soon be on the track, tomorrow is a no no as on lates.

10Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Fri 18 Feb 2011, 08:31

GeordieDave

I meant 4th march Embarassed

11Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Fri 18 Feb 2011, 08:42

James A

James A

Geordie Dave, if you can get out for midweek riding they run a session on a wednesday evening as well, 19.30 - 20.30. Theres a few of us normally up there, either myself or Nick A, who ive seen up there as long as its not raining!!
And in reply to Mark McF, your winter hack will be more than acceptable, ive seen plenty of them up there, mudgurds/lights 'n all!!
Hopefully see some of you next wednesday!! Very Happy

12Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Sat 19 Feb 2011, 07:57

keith

I Quote from Dave previous post:

"Now this Friday I'd like some more company on the riding surface?"

I turned up last night! after Dave's posts for the last 3 weeks to Find it was just me?

If you'll going to preach and give it the BIG ONE!each week at least be there Evil or Very Mad

Any way moan over Rolling Eyes It's a good organised night,riding in a group at speed with no pressure,just break off when you have had enough

But it's not really my cup of tea going round and round a track,But would go again Just to put more PNE colours on show on home soil

But I do hear what Dave is saying there were Fareham Wheelers with 8-10 riders kited out in team colours.
pirat

13Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Sun 20 Feb 2011, 03:15

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy nobody's perfect eh?

Couldn't get there last night had family emergency. Suspect

Nice to see you made it though, wasn't that bad? There's more to going round and round though' perhaps if you make it next friday we'll get a little more constructive?

See you next week - Very Happy

14Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Mon 21 Feb 2011, 23:55

I'd like to say I'll definetly be there this Friday, but (yes I know) it depends whether Tina turns up or not & she's not sure herself yet. Rolling Eyes
So I think it will have to be if I'm there then I'll have £3 as well & not just be a belly on the fence. Surprised
Don't tell Paul though as it will be his bike I'm using... Shocked
Don't worry about a lift to all those who offered kindly, I'll need the warm up as it's now been over 5 weeks since I've been on the bike Embarassed

15Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:17

Hey Dave assuming it's not raining heavy I'll be there this Friday, Tina my better half will be a belly on the fence (she doesn't cycle) so if anyone would like to keep her company I'm sure she'd appreciate someone to chat to, she's very easy to get along with as those of you who've met her already know.
Question Dave, Carl & I are going to meet up & arrive about 20 past 6, or do we need to get there before to sign? Although I see from what you've put before seniors are 7pm onwards.
Cheers, Simon...

16Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Wed 02 Mar 2011, 11:13

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy Hi Si, seniors are from 7, give yourselves 10 mins to sign on and pay the £3. Guy callson the senors at 7pm, pico safety brief and you're away in the 'thru & off' with the racing snakes or in the 'tempo' group. Youths stay on until 7:30 so you in fact will have 3 groups but theres plenty of room.

See you there! bounce

17Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Thu 03 Mar 2011, 01:46

keith

Hi Si & Dave,

How r u?

I'll be there Guys,I'm going to give it another go Wink I think Rich and Tom will be there as well,

Should be a great nite cheers

C U Soon Chaps pirat

Question I'm going to be more positive from now on and 'promote positivity'

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

18Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Empty Re: Friday Mountbatten Track Feb 18th Thu 03 Mar 2011, 09:36

Great Keith, no worries. See you there, assuming it's not raining heavy, been there done that & now I'm too old for that so fingers crossed for a dry evening.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum