Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas.....2010....

+3
Rich Walker
trigwill
Jackit99
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas.....2010.... Empty Christmas.....2010.... Tue 24 Aug 2010, 22:57

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year santa

So question is what are the powers that be planning?

And what are us meer mortals going to do when we realise a drink
& a few sarnies at the George doesn't quite make a Xmas do, oops did I just type that out loud affraid
So who's up for a curry or chinese and a few beers mid week between Xmas day and New years?
Or anytime near then really.... Xmas & New years day are Saturday just too remind peoples Razz

There's the all you can stuff chinese Water Margin at Gunn Wharf or there's an Indian
eat till you burst at Fareham both under £15 (at the moment)

Last edited by RetroSi on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 21:27; edited 1 time in total

2Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Wed 25 Aug 2010, 02:48

Jackit99

Jackit99

christmas allready Sleep

3Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Fri 15 Oct 2010, 00:18

So come on people sign up if you're interested, & how about putting down a place to go if you know of somewhere you really like.
I've been to the Water Margin at Gunn Wharf & although not posh it was nice & a fair price for eat all you like grub.
They have a large selection to choose at lunch time & even more of an evening.

The last time I went it was £8 & £13 lunch or dinner respectively, oh & the beer prices were not hiked up either. Very Happy
But please I'm open to suggestions, I've only been in this area a little over a year now so am still new really as to where to go.
I think if only 6-10 of us went & even bring a partner that would be great.

4Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Fri 15 Oct 2010, 04:00

Jackit99

Jackit99

I dont know what i'll be doing yet there is a nice carvery in hayling island( barley mow)
does full sunday roast for £3.50!!
Might end up being a pig once again over xmas Mad

5Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Fri 15 Oct 2010, 18:16

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Very Happy I'm sure someone will post the 'mince-pie' runs that go on over Christmas & New Year - haven't done one but it involves a few pubs (on bikes affraid ).....over to the experts to post? lol!

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

6Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Sat 16 Oct 2010, 22:01

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Dear All,
I guess that 'the powers that be' refers to the committee Si? Are you our club 'Lower deck lawyer'?? Wink Wink
Don’t worry, we don’t think of you as a 'Meer Mortal' just a Retro one!! Laughing

The social sec (Julie Jarrett) will be the usual organiser of club functions (this doesn’t mean you can’t organise your own thing! just keep Julie in the loop).

However, Christmas is traditionally organised by one of our senior members (Mr Dave Henderson). Again, this doesn’t mean that you can’t organise your own thing.
We would like to see a good turnout to the mince pie and Christmas ride and this is the mainstay event.
I do appreciate that the dates don’t always work and the venues may not capture the Christmas spirit you would imagine! (PNE's is a very traditional affair).

The details for the events are as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The evening do at the Wheatsheaf is booked for Tuesday evening 21st December. The price of the buffet is £6 per head, to be paid in advance. We need to know numbers at least a week in advance.

The Mince Pie run will be on Wednesday (lunchtime) 29th December. The venue has not been decided yet, details to follow. Again, money will be required with booking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i know more i shall post it here. Any questions please post them here as well.

Hope this helps.

The 'Immortals’'

7Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Sun 17 Oct 2010, 01:42

Ahh at last the voice of God Laughing
Then Rich posted Razz

Thank you for the dates as I can now ask Tina if she can make it, hmm... can we bring our partners?
Cheers...

8Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Thu 04 Nov 2010, 06:55

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Dear All,

I spoke to Dave Henderson on Monday at the club meet and he is requiring numbers for the booking of the venue (food etc).

The evening do at the Wheatsheaf is booked for Tuesday evening 21st December. The price of the buffet is £6 per head, to be paid in advance. We need to know numbers at least a week in advance.

The Mince Pie run will be on Wednesday (lunchtime) 29th December. The venue has not been decided yet, details to follow. Again, money will be required with booking.

Can i ask you to confirm your attendance as soon as possible please. I will ensure Dave gets the details.

In answer to your question Si (can we bring our Partners?) it’s a resounding YES! the more the merrier.

It’s a great evening and traditional festive songs, ale and making merry making is encouraged.......... 'With knobs On'!!

See you there.

Rich

9Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Mon 08 Nov 2010, 23:40

Please put me down for TWO on Tuesday 21st Dec, thank you.
I'll either make an effort to get to the club one Monday before or hand the dosh over to Paul one Sunday before.
Cheers...

10Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Tue 09 Nov 2010, 22:54

Sara

Sara

Where is the Wheatsheaf?? rendeer

11Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Tue 09 Nov 2010, 23:46

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

The wheatsheaf is in Shedfield, on the Wickham to Botley road.

Rich, put me down for both rides please. At the moment I suspect it will only be one ticket for me for each. Ta.

12Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Wed 10 Nov 2010, 09:36

Rich Walker

Rich Walker

Many Thanks for your interest guys. I will duely pass on your requests to dave H.

It promises to be a good event. The more the merrier.

Rich

13Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Thu 11 Nov 2010, 07:50

MarineMark

MarineMark

I'm really sorry can't make either - Busy snake wrestling!! lol!

http://www.marcelloentertainment.co.uk

14Christmas.....2010.... Empty Re: Christmas.....2010.... Fri 12 Nov 2010, 00:11

Paul Martin

Paul Martin
Admin

I've posted this under the Prize Presentation heading too:

I'm disappointed to see how few members of this forum have asked for tickets for our annual shindig. This is the chance to have a something to eat, have a drink and to see our more competitive members rewarded for their efforts wearing the same PNE tops as the rest of us.

Come on guys and girls: Dip your toes in the social waters and ask Julie for a ticket or two!

15Christmas.....2010.... Empty Christmas 2010 Mon 22 Nov 2010, 04:48

RichardF

Hi,

Put me down for two at the wheatsheaf.

Thanks

Rich F

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum