Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

PTTL hosted by Blazing Saddles on Sunday 3 May

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TomFramp

Round 4 of the PTTL series takes place on Sunday, course P903. First rider off at 08.00, HQ
is the Spur Public House

James A

James A

I will be there. Anyone ridden the course before, its a new one for me, any tips?

beckcd

beckcd

Not ridden this before but a good tip from me Jim is, train as hard as you can for many years, then on the day go as fast as you can without vomiting.

jerryc

jerryc

James A wrote:I will be there. Anyone ridden the course before, its a new one for me, any tips?

It's on the PTTL itinery twice this year so I'll expect two pb's from you Jimmy.

Start is on a downward slope so nice and quick to the first roundabout, first exit and you're on the A27 going largely downhill so get the big gears out but don't slaughter yourself as you'll want a nice tidy line to keep your speed on at the second roundabout where the first exit takes you straight into the climb. It's a bit draggy and you'll feel the burn as it keeps going. After you crest you'll pick up a lot of speed before heading into the final roundabout which will come upon you fast so be careful as you won't take it flat out without your HR monitor giving you some funny readings. From this roundabout there's a final charge downhill finishing with a nice little lump that you'll sprint up if you have anything left - no need to save anything from that final roundabout just GO GO GO.

Graham C

Graham C

You will also have a familiar face as finishing timekeeper Suspect Very Happy

6PTTL hosted by Blazing Saddles on Sunday 3 May Empty Clarification of HQ for Sundays PTTL Wed 29 Apr 2015, 01:07

TomFramp

Confirmed with Blazing Saddles - The HQ is Slindon Coronation Hall (BH180QT). There is limited
parking at the hall. More parking is available near the start/finish outside the Spur Pub and Spur Garage

James A

James A

Cheers Jerry. It all sounds so easy doesnt it!! Shocked
Thank you Mr Beck, insightful as ever. You coming out to play?
See you all sunday. Very Happy

Graham C

Graham C

TomFramp wrote:Confirmed with Blazing Saddles - The HQ is Slindon Coronation Hall (BH180QT). There is limited
parking at the hall. More parking is available near the start/finish outside the Spur Pub and Spur Garage

Just checked for directions to The Coronation Hall as I didn't know where it was. Post code typo it should be BN18 0QT.

http://www.slindon.com/about/coronation-hall/brochure/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum