Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

First PNE evening TT of the season

+4
mozzy
James A
Lee Morgan
TomFramp
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First PNE evening TT of the season Empty First PNE evening TT of the season Mon 06 Apr 2015, 04:20

TomFramp

The course is the P829/6, a nice gentle starter for our evening events. Everyone is welcome whether riding a TT or road bike. Signing on is at the Wickham Community Centre
from 18.00. First rider off at 18.45. Please make sure you have a decent working rear light. A reminder for U18 riders, bring a parent consent form otherwise you can't ride

Lee Morgan

Lee Morgan

Was really hoping to make this one and get my TT season up and running, sadly I can't make it now due to family commitments. Good luck and safe riding everyone, hope to get out to a club TT soon enough.

James A

James A

Hi Tommy,
I will be up there Thurs night but its a struggle to get up there early enough for me. I know the early season evening events get filled pretty quickly having been caught out at other TT's in the last few years.
Im guessing you have a rider limit because of fading light so is there any chance you can save me the last slot? I will be up there by 6:40ish, I guess Sheila will be loitering around the car park!! Laughing
Cheers

4First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Reserve place TT on 9 April Tue 07 Apr 2015, 20:02

TomFramp

Hi James

Happy to reserve a place but due to not knowing numbers/light loathe to put you in last. If we have a big turnout we may have to restrict number of riders and you would then lose out. How about putting you in at
no 20, that way you are guaranteed a ride.

Tommy

mozzy

mozzy

Tommy, could I reserve an early start number?

6First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Thursdays TT Wed 08 Apr 2015, 01:59

TomFramp

That's fine Tom, how about at no 3?

mozzy

mozzy

Perfect!

James A

James A

Hi Tommy,

No.20 would be great.
Cheers

9First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Thursdays TT Wed 08 Apr 2015, 17:33

TomFramp

James, booked you in at 20

10First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Re: First PNE evening TT of the season Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:39

jerryc

jerryc

TomFramp wrote:James, booked you in at 20

Can I have 21 then? Laughing

Just kidding, will be there earlier than that

11First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Re: First PNE evening TT of the season Thu 09 Apr 2015, 08:45

timhiggs

timhiggs

I'll get there ASAP after work to break my TT virginity, is rear light compulsory?

12First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Re: First PNE evening TT of the season Thu 09 Apr 2015, 17:16

Graham C

Graham C

Hi Tim
The CTT rules state I believe that lights (certainly rear) are in operation. At this time of year with the light levels failing earlier than in say July I would recommend that both Front and Rear lights are working. Would we bar a rider from competing without, probably not, but it would mentioned to him. However if it was a cloudy day and he was later off in starting time then for safety quite possibly as the lights statement is in the rules.

Most riders do have the rear light on all year round

Better to be safer than sorry I feel.

Cheers
Graham

13First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Re: First PNE evening TT of the season Thu 09 Apr 2015, 20:45

timhiggs

timhiggs

Cheers G, I only asked as none of my light fittings work on my new bike on account of all the diameters everywhere being bigger, and me being a smartypants I decided to trim all the straps so they have minimal excess poking about!
I found a cheapy rear light which just straps on (came free with something I think) which I have put onto my seatpost. I'll have to do without a front light tonight...

14First PNE evening TT of the season Empty Early number Thu 09 Apr 2015, 22:39

Staff5000

tommy,
Is there any chance of getting an earlyish start? It sounds popular tonight and I have to get to work after the tt.
Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum