Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

South Downs Sportive 19 Oct

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 South Downs Sportive 19 Oct on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 06:54

Hi All,

I've foolishly entered the 100 mile course on this. Is anyone else doing it.

Cheers,

Ian

View user profile

2 South Downs Epic 100 19th October on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 18:49

Did this event yesterday. It was well organised - typical Wiggle sportive stuff. The 100 mile route had definitely been designed by a sadist. I particularly enjoyed hitting Harting Hill after 63 miles, Teglease Down after 77 miles and Harvesting Lane after 82 miles.....not! Embarassed Finished the course in 6:44 by my Garmin, which was an average rolling speed of 15.1mph. Being a bit of an old, fat git, I was reasonably happy with that.

Knackered,

Ian

View user profile

3 Re: South Downs Sportive 19 Oct on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 01:31

I did the intermediate distance of that event as my first ever sportive and, as you say, it's quite a tough route!
Whilst the wiggle events are well organised, I steer clear of them these days as they are so popular you get roads full of cyclists which seems to make some car drivers do extra-stupid moves. Smaller sportives don't seem to have as extreme an effect on the morons!

View user profile

4 Re: South Downs Sportive 19 Oct on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 22:13

I know what you mean Tim. I did a Wiggle Sportive in the New Forest a couple of summers ago and there were loads of people on it. In comparison, I thought there seemed to be relatively few people in the one last weekend. I suppose the summer ones are more popular than autumn / winter.

I did encounter a couple of morons on four wheels on Sunday but then again, I usually encounter plenty of them when I'm out riding on my own.

Cheers,

Ian

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum