Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Remaining scheduled time trials 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 08:35

Our next club event is scheduled for the 14th August on P829_6. It will be of our "Ladies" events & as such the earliest start times will be reserved for lady competitors.
Sign-on / registration will be in the rear car park at Wickham Commuinty Centre from approximately 18:00. First competitor to start at 19:01.

The following 3 events which are scheduled for the 28th August, 6th & 11th September may be cancelled unless someone is willing & able to take on the signage duties, as I'll be unable to attend due to work commitments. Please contact me if you are available to take the role on, thank you.

At present the event scheduled for Saturday 6th September will most likely be cancelled either way, as competitor attendance at the previous 2 events has been much lower than anticipated.

The final club TT of 2014 will be the hill climb on P829HC on the 5th October, sign on / registration will be in the car park at the top of Southwick Road (B2177) adjacent to Portsdown Hill roundabout. First competitor to start at 10:01

View user profile

2 Remaining TT 's on Mon 04 Aug 2014, 17:13

Hi Ray,if you are looking for someone to put the signs out ,I can do both the evening ones ,but not the Saturday morning one,hope this is of any help,regards Nick

View user profile

3 Re: Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Tue 05 Aug 2014, 19:54

Thank you Nick.
Both evening ones are on P829_6 so not many signs required.
The Saturday one will most likely be cancelled anyway.

View user profile

4 Re: Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Thu 07 Aug 2014, 04:20

What I would recommend is a sign on the Hundred Acres road before the junction. Graham and I witnessed two cars pulling out just as riders were passing to finish. Total d*ckheads, of course, who are probably beyond redemption but at least if we have a sign up the hill a bit they have no excuse when the nice Policeman turns up to ask why they are actively trying to knock cyclists off their bikes  Shocked 

Remember when teachers, police officers, nurses, doctors, rank+file civil servants, firefighters and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither.
View user profile

5 Re: Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 08:30

Hi all

Has any final decision been made about the TT scheduled for Saturday 6th September as yet please?

Cheers
Lee

View user profile

6 Re: Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 16:48

Hi Lee
There is a Committee meeting tonight, and I imagine a decision will be made on the decided distance then. I will post the outcome here.

Cheers
Graham

View user profile

7 Re: Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 17:13

Okay thanks very much for letting me know Graham.

Cheers
Lee

View user profile

8 Re: Remaining scheduled time trials 2014 on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:44

Hi Everyone
The decision was taken last night that the TT this Saturday 6th Sept will remain as the proposed 25 mile distance. Sign on from 7am at the usual Wickham Community Centre car park.

Cheers
Graham

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum