Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mega Meon Sun 27th July

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 18:03

Hi All
You should have received an email from me regarding this year's Mega Meon.

Please populate this thread if you are planning to ride and what distance you have chosen.

Personally not entered yet but may go for the Standard 72 or possibly the Short 44 mile if anyone wants some company.

Cheers
Graham

View user profile

2 Mega Meon on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 19:27

Paid to do the standard, but am open to do the short 44 miler. Concerned that my fitness levels will hold me back on a tough 72 miles!

View user profile

3 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Thu 17 Jul 2014, 21:12

I haven't signed up, but would quite like to do the standard - would love some company Smile

View user profile

4 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 07:12

I will be trying to complete the epic 102. I think Paul and Greg will be riding with me.

View user profile

5 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 22:32

Yep, epic for me too. It's all downhill after New Alresford anyway...

Remember when teachers, police officers, nurses, doctors, rank+file civil servants, firefighters and lollipop ladies crashed the stock market, wiped out banks, took billions in bonuses and paid no tax? No, me neither.
View user profile

6 Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 03:21

Hi Guys,
   I've only just joined the Club, so hello first. I've just signed up for the 102 mile Epic (thanks to the email from the club that gave me the push) and I think that my mate is just signing up the Epic too. Look forward to seeing you there

View user profile

7 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 21:20

Righty Ho! Update time.
It appears from the UK Cycling Events that the 44 mile route is sold out and there are 4 days left to enter online

From feed back received on here and via email to me here are the current ride groups that have formed or predicted to form

72 Miles
Graham Coleman
Kevin Brackstone
Terry Atkinson (TBC as entered)
Ray Gregory
Mark Donovan (TBC as entered)
Jamie Donovan (TBC as entered)

102 Miles
Ben Barron
Paul Martin
Greg Rolfe
Mick Malone
Steve Riley

Anyone else riding that I have not included please post here or email me and I will add you to the list.  Question 

Cheers
Graham

View user profile

8 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Sat 19 Jul 2014, 22:57

Just entered (standard) - let's hope for sensible weather Wink
Terry

View user profile

9 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 05:13

Hi All
Update time again, current list as I know it below. Yvonne & Tommy should be around somewhere on the 102 mile route as well but they are riding with a friend so may or may not be with our group.

I have received today my ride info from Wiggle, I have noticed for those on the 72 mile route the first feed stop is at 15 miles and the second at 42 miles.

Personally I see no real reason to stop at the first feed as we can eat and drink en-route and restock completely at 42 miles as we should have enough food in our pockets to last the whole 72 miles with only the need to refill bottles and and take on a bit of extra food from the feed stations.

102 mile start time is between 7:45 & 8:15 and the 72 mile between 8:15 & 9:15. If we all aim to start together it would have to be 8:15 according to to Wiggle but I dare say we may all be able to start around 8:00.

Please respond if you have any comments or if your name is not on the list. This will allow us to start in as big a group as possible to promote the club.

44 miles (Short)
Graeme Brodie

72 Miles (Standard)
Graham Coleman
Kevin Brackstone
Terry Atkinson
Ray Gregory
Mark Donovan (TBC as entered)
Jamie Donovan (TBC as entered)

102 Miles (Epic)
Ben Barron
Paul Martin
Greg Rolfe
Mick Malone
Steve Riley
Miguel Cassey

Regards
Graham

Last edited by Graham C on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 16:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Miguel added to Epic)

View user profile

10 Mega Meon 27th July on Fri 25 Jul 2014, 19:20

Thanks Graham,

Will be there for a 8 a.m. push off. Given the temperature, it may pay us to refill bottles at 19 miles. dehydration on the day will be a big challenge!

Kevin

View user profile

11 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Sat 26 Jul 2014, 20:42

Brackers wrote:Thanks Graham,

Will be there for a 8 a.m. push off. Given the temperature, it may pay us to refill bottles at 19 miles. dehydration on the day will be a big challenge!

Kevin

Hi Kev
Fair point on the refills, and don't forget everyone good hydration preparation for Sunday starts today (Saturday) with regular drinks of water as Saturday looks like another hot day.    sunny    Cool 

Cheers
Graham

View user profile

12 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 05:59

Well done to all that took part today, was a good show for the club.

Has given me so good ideas for club runs  Twisted Evil 

View user profile

13 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 06:22

Lumpy, your frightening me!

View user profile

14 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Mon 28 Jul 2014, 20:58

Wiggle put these pics up on the book of faces. I spy a Graham and either a Paul or an Everest!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.821277147890124.1073741888.153164141368098&type=1

Last edited by timhiggs on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 01:52; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

15 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 01:49

The other PNE rider at the feed station is Mick Malone. I rode from home so that was my longest ride of the year at 87 miles. I freeloaded onto the event (but did not steal any of the goodies at the feed zones). Still got the 'T' shirt though, Terry already had one and generously donated this one to me.

View user profile

16 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 01:54

I'm clearly not as good as you when it comes to recognising people from their elbows and knees!

View user profile

17 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Tue 29 Jul 2014, 01:59

Correct Tis' I en-route and Ben and Mick at the Feed stop

View user profile

18 Re: Mega Meon Sun 27th July on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 17:16

Mega Meon video just released, a few PNE spotted within.

OK, for a bit of fun name the riders  Question  Smile 

http://www.ukcyclingevents.co.uk/videos/wiggle-mega-meon-sportive-2014/

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum