Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gordon Peers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Gordon Peers on Sat 12 Apr 2014, 09:22

It is with great sadness that I have I have to inform you all of the sad passing of Gordon who lost his battle with cancer this week.

Gordon was a very long standing and committed member of PNE, a regular attendee at club nights, club TT's and coaching sessions.
I have had the privilege to ride with Gordon on Club Runs, Coaching sessions and local Charity Rides.

When his illness prevented him from riding club time trials he immediately volunteered to assist in recording for me at our club TT events, such was his commitment.

I for one will miss him dearly and for those who are not 100% sure of Gordon an excellent reminder can be found on the Coaching page, Gordon is the rider in the PNE jersey on the far left of the photo "Seniors having fun" taken only late last year. Another photo of Gordon can be found on the TT page as it scrolls through.
I hope I speak on everyone's behalf in offering our, the club's sincere sympathies to Gordon's family and closest friends at this sad time.

As and when I am informed of the funeral arrangements I will endeavour to keep you updated.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum