Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wiggle Bournemouth Sportive

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wiggle Bournemouth Sportive on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 17:14

Morning All

Just wondered if I'll spot any other PNE riders at the Bournemouth Sportive this Sunday? I'm doing the Epic (102 miles), haven't done this Sportive before but have heard good things about it.

Enjoy your weekend rides all!

Lee

View user profile

2 Great Event! on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 07:00

This was an excellent Sportive - good challenging course with some tough climbs, really well signed & marshalled, and decent weather too. A thoroughly enjoyable day, I'd certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a local-ish Sportive.

I got round the 103 mile Epic route in 5hrs 39mins, average of 18.15mph which was enough for the Gold standard. Pleased with that - onto The Magnificat for me next, all 124 miles of it......gulp!

View user profile

3 Re: Wiggle Bournemouth Sportive on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 06:03

Well done Lee, thats a great time and average speed Very Happy

Cheers

View user profile

4 Re: Wiggle Bournemouth Sportive on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 06:45

Cheers Mark! Very Happy By the way, turns out we have a mutual friend - I work with (and very occasionally ride with) Grant Robins. We rode Alpe D'Huez together in 2010 too - I gave him an hour's head start mind! Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: Wiggle Bournemouth Sportive on Wed 12 Jun 2013, 07:33

Ha ha small world, yes Grant and I go back years. We went to school together and swam at Portsmouth Northsea too. He's a loon and a good mate!! I've given up trying to get him out on his bike!!

I remember the trip to Alpe D'Huez. I think you took in the final stage of the tour first then headed south? I was going to go but didn't for some reason?

Catch up on a club run or a TT Smile

Cheers

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum