Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Idea for Club Social Event

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Idea for Club Social Event on Thu 02 May 2013, 23:40

Hi,

This post is really directed at the club comittee but I don't have individual e-mail addresses for you all, so here goes.

Last week I attended a talk by Ben Rockett, an endurance cyclist who recently broke the record for Land's End to John'a'Groats and back again in just under 6 days. Ben's talk went down really well with the audience. It was a fascinating and entertaining insight into his mindset and training methods. His website is at http://www.rockettrides.com/ for more info about him.

I thought it may be an idea to ask Ben to give his talk to our club at VIBC one Monday night, as part of a social evening. I e-mailed his booking secretary, just to get an idea of cost and it turns out that he would charge around £240, to cover the talk and travelling expenses. I don't know whether or not that would make it feasible for us but I thought I'd pass the info on and let you guys make a decision. If you think numbers might be an issue, then maybe we could combine with other local cycle clubs, to feep the cost per head down ?

Anyway, over to you guys. If you want to go ahead and would like me to make the arrangments with Ben, I'd be happy to do that. I'd also be equally happy if someone else wants to do it. Also, if you decide that it's not worth pursuing, that's fine as well.

Just for the record, I have no affiliation with Ben and knew nothing about him until I attended his talk last week. I just really enjoyed it and thought others in the club would as well.

Just an idea Very Happy

Regards,

Ian

View user profile

2 Re: Idea for Club Social Event on Fri 03 May 2013, 02:00

Thanks for the suggestion Ian.

For information Miguel Cassey is the club's Social Secretary. His details are available via the link below but I'm sure he'll see your forum post too.

Also, the committee email addresses & other contact details are available on the PNECC website FAQS Contacts

View user profile

3 Re: Idea for Club Social Event on Thu 09 May 2013, 02:15

Thanks Ray. I did look on the website for contact details but somehow missed the "FAQ and Contacts" link. I must need to get my eyes tested! I've now sent an e-mail to Miguel.

Apologies for not following normal procedure but I'm quite new to the club and still learning how things work and who does what. Very Happy

Kind regards,

Ian

View user profile

4 Re: Idea for Club Social Event on Thu 09 May 2013, 05:02

No worries Ian.

As for "not following normal procedure" I'm not sure there is one, unless it's SOB Smile

I was sharing info; that's all Smile

View user profile

5 Re: Idea for Club Social Event on Sun 19 May 2013, 17:45

Hi Ian, I have noticed Your message on the forum, I will bring it up in the next committee meeting, It's a great idea and thank you for it . Miguel

View user profile

6 Re: Idea for Club Social Event on Mon 20 May 2013, 04:38

My pleasure Miguel. It was good to chat to you on the club run today as well.

Cheers,

Ian

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum