Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garmin Users

+4
jerryc
KPycroft
Ray
James A
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Garmin Users Empty Garmin Users Sun 06 Jan 2013, 07:24

James A

James A

Any of you guys with Garmin devices use the Garmin Connect software?
Just been uploading stuff onto mine and they have updated it so you can view friends profiles and rides and download each others routes and compare training etc.
Made my profile visible so feel free to add me.

2Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Mon 07 Jan 2013, 05:39

Ray

Ray

I use Garmin & I've sent you a connect request Smile

3Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Mon 07 Jan 2013, 06:56

James A

James A

Got ya Ray, also Jerry and Mark C.
Anyone else out there?

4Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Mon 07 Jan 2013, 07:24

Ray

Ray

I've sent Mark a request now as well.

You were out too early for me today,I didn't leave until after 11 as I needed a bit of recovery after the Mountbatten coaching session yesterday.

Is Dean Lane still a river? It was on Wednesday when I was heading to Liphook & Milland for work.

5Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Mon 07 Jan 2013, 08:37

Graham C

Graham C

Dean Lane End wasn't too bad today on the club run, big puddles really.
Worst by far was the road from Finchdean past the Idsworth church towards Ditcham. This was a constant flowing river about 3" deep. If he is there tomorrow have a look at Miguel's video he took. Shocked

6Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Mon 07 Jan 2013, 08:42

Ray

Ray

I've seen the video Graham, that is what it was like on Wednesday, more river than road Smile

7Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Mon 07 Jan 2013, 08:51

Graham C

Graham C

Hi James
Have sent a connect request, I doubt if my times will worry you, but some of my routes may be of use.

Graham

8Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Tue 08 Jan 2013, 04:39

KPycroft

Totally new to this site forum thing! I have Garmin connect too as I got a Garmin for christmas:) as I admittedly don't know any of your surnames:) (sorry!) feel free to add me if you like- Katie Pycroft

Katie

9Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Tue 08 Jan 2013, 05:03

jerryc

jerryc

Graham you're too common I can't find you....my username is jerryf95 if anyone is looking.

10Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Tue 08 Jan 2013, 05:18

Ray

Ray

KPycroft wrote:Totally new to this site forum thing! I have Garmin connect too as I got a Garmin for christmas:) as I admittedly don't know any of your surnames:) (sorry!) feel free to add me if you like- Katie Pycroft

Katie

I've searched for you on the Garmin Connect site Katie but I couldn't find you & your name is not as common as Graham Coleman Smile maybe you can search for me ray.woods@btopenworld.com & see if that works, if not maybe one of the others will have more luck than me & I should be albe to add you from their connections

11Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Tue 08 Jan 2013, 06:28

James A

James A

Yep, gotta head out early these days, means i get back at a reasonable time to help out with the little one!
Managed to puncture in the middle of the Finchdean river!! Evil or Very Mad
Anyone trying to find me on Garmin I will flag up as James Ayton or MrJim007.

12Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Tue 08 Jan 2013, 09:00

Ray

Ray

I've connected with Katie now, so either add her through my connections or search KatiePycroft (all one word; I had put a space between the e & P earlier)

Smile

13Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Wed 09 Jan 2013, 05:16

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Cheers everyone. I've added a few. capocci68 if you're struggling to find me. I doubt it though with a surname like mine Very Happy

Cheers

Mark

14Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Wed 09 Jan 2013, 05:22

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Graham, struggling to find you on Garmin connect, perhaps you could send me and anyone else who wants you a request please??

Thanks

Mark

15Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:06

Ray

Ray

Mark, have a look on James's connections, you'll fing Graham there or search gjc2245 Smile

16Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:32

Graham C

Graham C

That's a 2455 good buddy!!! Very Happy

17Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Wed 09 Jan 2013, 07:36

Mark Capocci

Mark Capocci

Ray, Graham has sent it to me, cheers lads Very Happy

18Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Wed 09 Jan 2013, 08:59

Ray

Ray

number dyslexia lol Smile

alls well that ends well

19Garmin Users Empty HRM Sun 20 Jan 2013, 03:17

Ray

Ray

I've had issues with my HRM recently. I tried all the obvious solution, new battery etc.

I found this article useful DC Rainmaker

In essence the solution is to use a Polar soft strap instead of the Garmin one; still using the Garmin monitor though.

The cheapest Polar supplier I found was here Afforable Supplements if you have had similar problems.

The Polar strap was delivered this morning & it works a treat; so far at least Smile

20Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Sun 20 Jan 2013, 06:29

Graham C

Graham C

Hi Ray and Garmin users
As you know I had problems too with the Garmin HRM. Giving BPM's of 230+ both on rides and whilst testing the unit sat in a chair.

This is a known problem with the strap as you say. I was going to buy the Polar strap too as it is split and joined by the transmitter unit which is a solution to the problem of the belt loop of the Garmin.

I phoned up Garmin in Southampton and I must admit their customer service is excellent. They replaced the strap without hesitation, so for the time being I am back up and running.

I have a Garmin 800 bought Dec 2011 and around August time the power switch/button started to play up; it was difficult to switch on and once on even harder to switch off. This is also a known problem and with the 500's too. Contacted Garmin again, sent the unit back and a new replacement was returned complete with another HRM and strap, fitting kit and cadence sensor unit. Superb

Just remember to remove your map card if you do have to return a unit as the replacement didn't come with one.

Hope that helps, if anyone ever has a problem. Smile

Graham

21Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Sun 20 Jan 2013, 08:28

trigwill

trigwill
Admin

Garmin have excellent customer service from experience. Regarding hrm I use a CYCLEOPS power cal which works very well with the garmin and gives power in relation to algorithms based on changes in hr - which is ideal for my type of requirements and so much cheaper than a POWERTAP.

http://www.trigwillcyclecoaching.com

22Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Sun 20 Jan 2013, 09:05

Ray

Ray

I remember we spoke about this some months ago Graham.

This is the part number of the Polar strap I purchased.
Polar HRM Wearlink Strap - M x1 Item Number 3863-157

Although it says "M" on the website, it is the largest of the 2 they stock & is marked as "M-XXL" on the packaging. Cost was £11.09 P&P was free.

It has the same connecting arrangement as my Garmin strap but includes a strip of fabric to keep the metal clasp off "delicate" skin.

The sensor appears more like 1 x 30cm ish long strip whereas my Garmin appears more like 2 x 8cm ish sensors. I'm sure the way both versions work is very similar whatever the intricacies of the electronic involved are.

Time will tell if it is "better" than the Garmin option

23Garmin Users Empty Anomaly Sat 02 Feb 2013, 04:50

Ray

Ray

I had a weird loop added to today's ride which I didn't notice until riding home from Havant.

I was having a coffee in Nero's & posted it was well worth the distance I had ridden to get there (my Garmin said it was 34.69 miles) Riding home I realised that about 6 or so miles had been added on! I remembered I had covered 22 miles as I started the 2nd half of the P831 route in Bosham.

Once home I found that my Garmin had flown off in a north easterly direction from Havant & boomeranged back, a total distance of 6.6 miles in not many minutes, my top speed was 120mph & a Strava segment called rocky roads was coverd in 9 seconds at 47mph Smile

It was a bit of a shame that my Garmin hiccuped in the way it did as I was having my best ride for a few days & it wouldv'e been nice to see the proper data.

Somewhat fortunately I have data from a Polar RCX5 that I was using for the 1st time today which said I had ridden 57km (35.4 miles not the 42 Garmin had recorded)

Anyway that's the 1st time my Garmin has done that to me, anyone else ever had similar issues? confused

24Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Sat 02 Feb 2013, 05:12

Graham C

Graham C

Hi Ray
Never encountered that problem with mine. As you said it logged a Strava segment it could possibly be Strava temporarily conflicting with its link to Garmin. I don't use Strava so I'm not likely to meet that type of interference.
On a positive side your time on that segment should take some beating bounce Laughing

Graham

25Garmin Users Empty Re: Garmin Users Sat 02 Feb 2013, 07:55

jerryc

jerryc

Sounds like your garmin lost satellite reception/got a muddled signal. Wonder if its that new Korean satellite? Only time mine has gone funny is when I have paused it and moved before restarting it. Or started before the unit has acquired a satellite position.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum