Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

l'Etape du Tour

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1l'Etape du Tour Empty l'Etape du Tour Wed 24 Oct 2012, 23:10

jerryc

jerryc

7th July 2013 - looks a bit tame for my liking Sad
http://www.letapedutour.com/ET1/fr/le-parcours.html

2l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Thu 25 Oct 2012, 04:27

Ray

Ray

I've had the info too & I'll probably have a go again.

It's a shame that there appears to be only this one for next year, I was hoping for 2 again.

3l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Thu 25 Oct 2012, 06:49

jerryc

jerryc

Could always do La Marmotte on the 6th July (day before etape) although it'll be a late night and early start by the time you've driven from Alpe d'Huez to Annecy.

4l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Thu 25 Oct 2012, 07:55

Ray

Ray

I'll book some time off work, maybe week commencing 8th July as the 5th is already a scheduled day off for me.

There is a PNECC TT event scheduled for the 4th July so I could use the 5th as a travelling day & the week after the Etape day to ride a few challenging climbs

Just mulling over some ideas at this stage. I'll set a reminder for the 28th November, to get registered & sort out the finer detail once that is confirmed.

Ray

Ray

I think I'm in as I've received a application confirmation email

"Your number will be given to you during the month of June, and your convocation will be available on the “Etape du Tour” page in the “Registration Tracking” section. You will be able to pick up your number in Annecy 2 days before the race."

I still plan on staying over for a few days & riding Alpe D'Huez & others Smile

6l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Thu 29 Nov 2012, 18:54

jerryc

jerryc

I'm up for riding the marmotte again if anyone fancies it? 174km loop starting at the base of alpe d'huez and finishing at the top with three other hors categorie mountains thrown in for good measure. On Saturday 6th July (day before etape) but I would suggest this year not logistically possible to do both. Anyone else?

7l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Fri 30 Nov 2012, 05:32

Ray

Ray

We should discuss travel plan JC, seeing as how we're likely to be in the same mountain range at around the same time.
Even if you only plan on being there for a long weekend sharing the journey 1 way will help spread the cost

8l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Fri 30 Nov 2012, 07:51

jerryc

jerryc

There's more to see than just one weekend!

9l'Etape du Tour Empty Re: l'Etape du Tour Fri 30 Nov 2012, 08:11

Ray

Ray

I know, that's why I have booked 11 days off work Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum