Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wessex CX League Round 6 Sunday 21st Oct.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wessex CX League Round 6 Sunday 21st Oct. on Tue 16 Oct 2012, 07:41

Thanks for the Cyclo-Cross Page Dave.

I'll be riding in this event on Sunday & have 1 spare seat in my car if anyone is interested in joining me.

As far as affliation goes, you need to be affliated to the Wessex CX League in order to score point. Private membership is £15 & club membership is £30, so I'm happy to contribute to club affliation & if anyone else wants to contribute then that would be very welcome.

I'll be raising the issue at our next committee meeting, so maybe the club will agree to fund affliation, if enough members are interested in taking part.

View user profile
Here is an update on yesterday's event.

I really enjoyed the day & my 1st official cycling race Smile

The course was described as "very muddy & tricky" on the Wessex CX League web site. A full report is available via this link [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

All things considered I was very pleased with my ride & hopefully my performance will improve in future events; I'm sure my fitness & bike handling skills will benefit either way.
My bike cleaning skills were certainly tested yesterday Shocked

I intend to ride in the final 4 events this season & I'd be happy to car share if anyone would like to join me.

The calendar of events is available via this link [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Following this evenings PNECC committee meeting our club will be affliating to the Wessex CX League, so if need a competive edge to encourage participation then your points score will be recorded Smile

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum