Portsmouth North End Cycling Club Forum

Promoting the pastime and sport of cycling

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ruby Ride - Suday 30th Sept 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Ruby Ride - Suday 30th Sept 2012 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 01:47

Hi guys and gals

I took part in this fantastic event yesterday, and, suicidally decided to go for the "60" mile epic run, which, starting from Lakeside 1000, took in The Mountbaton Centre, Clarence Pier, Farlington Marshes, The Rowans Hospice, Petersfield, Wickham and finally back to Lakesdide 1000, an actual total of 64.5 miles. I have to say that was one of the most hardest sporting events i have ever taken part in and the sense of achievemnet once i crossed the finishing line was overwhelming, as anybody who saw me finish will testify.

Having only realised this event was even taking place on Friday last week, i did not get time to come round with the sponsorship form, which i hope to rectify tonight and the club meet.

I completed the 64.5 miles in 4hrs 27mins, and i have to say, i didnt realise there were soooooooo many hills (those of you whom I have riden with thus far will know those blessed things are currently my nemisis).

So hopefully you guys/gals can dig deep for this fantastic cause.

I have to say it has been a very humbling experience and I will defo give it another go next year.

Thanking you in anticipation

Steve Went affraid

View user profile

2 Re: The Ruby Ride - Suday 30th Sept 2012 on Tue 02 Oct 2012, 04:02

Well done Steve Very Happy

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum